Need Peanut Butter Protein ball recipe pls

Options
mbnharrison
mbnharrison Posts: 57 Member
So about a month ago I stumbled across a post about Peanut Butter protein balls and silly me did not save or write the ingredients down :( I've searched through the message boards for the recipe and have come up with alot of great recipes but not THE recipe I want.

I know that it's a simple recipe but if there is anyone out there who can confirm or add to the recipe that would be amazing...so here's what I think the recipe calls for/looks like:
- natural peanut butter
- protein powder
- rolled, steel cut oats

But am I missing anything else? I'm excited to try these out but don't want to waste my time with a terrible recipe.

Thanks!

Replies

• Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I just made protein bars with those exact ingredients only thing missing is 1/2 cup of pure honey. I think next time I will make them in a ball form...thanks for the idea :)
  • akgrl1020
    Options
    Bump
  • bigbugboo
    Options
    But what ratios are the ingredients please?
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Oooh that does sound good! A better version of some no bake peanut butter cornflake "cookies" my stepdad makes that are yums, except that those have corn syrup.

Asil76 - what were your ratios of the other ingredients?
  • hbkanumalla
    hbkanumalla Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Here is the recipe I found. Hope this helps!

3/4 cup peanut butter
    1/4 cup honey
    1 scoop chocolate or vanilla protein powder
    1/2 cup raw oats
    Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and form into small 1" balls. Place in the fridge for a few hours and then enjoy.
  • Asil76
    Options
    Homemade Peanut Butter Protein Bars

I cup natural peanut butter
    1/2 cup pure honey
    1 1/2 cup steel cut oats
    2 scoops protein powder

Mix peanut butter & honey microwave 30 seconds add remining ingredients mix well

Press into pan & chill in fridge for a couple of hours.
  • Asil76
    Options
    Oooh that does sound good! A better version of some no bake peanut butter cornflake "cookies" my stepdad makes that are yums, except that those have corn syrup.

Asil76 - what were your ratios of the other ingredients?

No bake peanut butter corn flake "cookies" sound delicious, would you mind sharing the recipe :)
  • bigbugboo
    Options

3/4 cup peanut butter
    1/4 cup honey
    1/2 cup raw oats
    Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and form into small 1" balls. Place in the fridge for a few hours and then enjoy.

This sounds great. Do you know what that would be in grams? I'm in UK and don't understand cups, lol
  • LosingMyselfin2011
    Options
    these sound yummy..approx how many calories are in 1 ball?
  • hbkanumalla
    Options
    96g peanut butter
    32g honey
    1 scoop protein powder
    64g raw oats
  • farmgirlsuz
    farmgirlsuz Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    bump:smile:
  • l00zrr
    l00zrr Posts: 109 Member
    Options

3/4 cup peanut butter
    1/4 cup honey
    1/2 cup raw oats

This sounds great. Do you know what that would be in grams? I'm in UK and don't understand cups, lol

Don't trust me though, I used Google for those. Tried about 3 sites, it confuses me too!

SUPER EDIT : The other chick is pro, I am not.
  • MABEL733
    MABEL733 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • hbkanumalla
    Options
    The calories in each are going to vary slightly. It depends what kind of ingredients you use as well as how many you make (will each ball be exactly 1"? Probably not). One of the things I love using is the recipes option on MFP. That way, I know exactly how much each is. :)
  • Figuringoutme
    Options
    bump
  • mbnharrison
    mbnharrison Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much! Heading out to purchase honey!:happy:
  • bigbugboo
    Options
    96g peanut butter
    32g honey
    1 scoop protein powder
    64g raw oats

Thanks so much for that. I'm going to try this......just love peanut butter, yum!
  • charlotte3176
    charlotte3176 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I made these today and they were delicious. I made them into little bars though. Thanks for posting.
  • dancer4275
    Options
    ahhhh! sounds so good!
  • kitkatkait
    kitkatkait Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    bump