heart rate monitors?

Options
are they really worth it? does a cheaper one get the job done or should i invest in a nicer one?

Replies

• HugznKiki
    HugznKiki Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    ^^bump
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    in my opinion, they are worth it, you can get a better more accurate calorie burn. If I were you I would invest in one, make sure that it has a chest strap and can calculate calories burned.
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I stopped using one almost a year ago. I was focusing too much on the number and not on the exercise.
    If you do get one, spend some money and get one with a chest strap.
  • Allyson1985
    Options
    It helps me immensley...I found that seeing my heartrate and number of calories burned pushed me to work harder to increase that number.

I use the Polar FT4 with chest strap. I spent $90, and its the best investment I've made along this journey.
  • FAVOLOSOMII
    FAVOLOSOMII Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    in my opinion, they are worth it, you can get a better more accurate calorie burn. If I were you I would invest in one, make sure that it has a chest strap and can calculate calories burned.

What he said. :wink: I just bought a Polar FT7 and love it!
  • FAVOLOSOMII
    FAVOLOSOMII Posts: 188 Member
    Options

• Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I agree I have a Polar FT40 with the chest strap, it is so worth it. Now I can do the circuit training at the gym and I know how many calories in total I'm burning.

12117749.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Katieladie40
    Options
    I LOVE MINE. ive had mine for 4 months. I've got the polar FT4 with the chest strap. i love it.
  • chyloet
    chyloet Posts: 196 Member
    Options

Yes, yes ... I agree too :)
  • mizjohnston
    mizjohnston Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I just bought one at Walmart for about $40.00 with the chest strap. I love it. I compared it to my apps and I do burn a bit more not much. The only difference I noticed is when I went to Curves. The HRM said I did half. A lot of people are into the body bug which I am looking into as well.
  • futiledevices
    futiledevices Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I just got one this morning.. now I need to figure out how to use it.
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I bought a HRM this past week. Today I used it on my C25K run. I was using the RunKeeper app. RunKeeper said I burned 233 calories and the HRM said I burned 419. That is a huge difference! The HRM uses my age, height and weight where RunKeeper doesn't, so I am glad I got one. Definitely get one with a chest strap.
  • thor1god1of1awesome
    Options
    I just got the polar ft7 and I am addicted to it allready. A lil pricey to me (100) but worth it. Plus it makes a fetching watch lol
  • mags2504
    mags2504 Posts: 275
    Options

Yes, yes ... I agree too :)
    Yip I agree, can't beat the polar ft7