Peanut Butter Powder

Options
Have any of you out there tried it? What are your thoughts and opinions?
I am thinking of ordering some....

Replies

• Iamkim73
    Iamkim73 Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    I'm curious too, and where do you find it?
  • MrsJax11
    MrsJax11 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I read about it on one of the forums a while ago, and found it on amazon. I am just thinking it would be awesome in smoothies and oatmeal...packs the protein punch without the fat.
  • p1xelate
    p1xelate Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    bump - I have been thinking about trying some too
  • Queen_Christine
    Queen_Christine Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I have tried it. The flavor is very good. The consistency is not quite like peanut butter. You wouldn't want to use it to make a PB&J sandwich, but it would be fine for flavoring foods, i.e recipes.
  • I tried some called pb2 awhile ago. I really liked it(: it goes great in oatmeal and protein shakes and it's reasonably priced(:
  • AngelsheriHackley
    AngelsheriHackley Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    YES I LIKE THE PB2... IT TASTE A LOT LIKE THE REAL THING ... TRY IT
  • rosalee87
    rosalee87 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    PB2 from Amazon, I tried it - didn't like it. I purchased both the chocolate flavored and regular...didn't like either. I guess it is just best to add flavor to certain foods NOT to have with apple slices :p lol
  • Iamkim73
    Options
    Silly question..... What does bump mean?
  • beamishcas
    beamishcas Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    this is the 2nd time I read about this on MFP. I never heard of it before. I Usually look something up if I don't know what it is, but I didn't yet. Have to look into this product.
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    PB2 is...

PRO: Great as an addition. This stuff, blended into homemade healthy ice cream is really divine. The flavor is spot on. I love adding this guy to a bowl of oatmeal, smoothies, or ice cream.
    CON: Terrible by itself. The charm I get from peanut butter is eating it from the spoon. It's so thick and creamy. PB2 doesn't do that. it's watery and cannot stand up to freshly ground peanut butter.

EXCEPTION: I really like this on rice cakes or drizzled on top of waffles/pancakes. It also makes a great peanut sauce if you're really in the mood for thai food.
    It's not super sweet when mixed with hot water. Side note: I always mix this with hot water rather than cold. It makes a better consistency.
  • Carrie_D
    Carrie_D Posts: 120
    Options
    I like it a lot!! I have the regular peanut butter flavor and the chocolate flavor. I use it to dip veggies and fruit in and I will mix 2T of PB2 and 1T of sugar free jelly together to make a PB&J sandwich. Not exactly the same as regular peanut butter, but for the calorie and fat difference, I can definitely handle it.
  • ljscar12
    Options
    You can order directly from Bell Plantation which is the maker. It is great for shakes. You get the protein and only 45 calories per 2 tbsp vs. 210 from traditional PB. I just got it last week and love it. I use regular if I want a sandwich but I do alot of shakes so it is perfect.
  • Shelby814
    Shelby814 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I've tried powdered peanut butter & like it. It's a little bit gritty, but ok if you mix it really well & a much lower calorie substitute. It's great to travel with. I took it with me to a conference & used it with apples or bananas for snacks while I was away from home. I got mine at bariatric surgeons office, but some of the gyms in my area actually carry it. It cost $5. GOOGLE it & see if you can find it near you.
  • kjloiselle
    kjloiselle Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    not sure if this is also whats available on amazon, but on the actual site they have a sample pack with 1 packet of each the regular and the chocolate to try. i'm thinking of ordering that to see if I like it or not.

http://store.bellplantation.com/PB2-Chocolate-PB2-Sampler-p/spb2-cpb2-1d.htm
  • p1xelate
    p1xelate Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Silly question..... What does bump mean?

Not silly - bump is "i want to come back and read this later" so if I say something in the topic it shows up in the 'My Topics' section. :)
  • Iamkim73
    Options
    Thank you!!!