trying something new

Options
Well, I just joined on Monday (4-13) and am very excited and hopeful about this site! I have struggled with my weight all my life but am presently the heaviest I have ever been...by far. And I hate it. I have tried many diets before and some have worked but not long-term. I need to make a LIFE change, it's not about just dropping a few pounds for me. I want to lose weight, be more physically fit and be able to maintain a healthier way of life for many, many years to come. Seeing the success of so many others is both inspiring and motivational! Best of luck to you all and thanks ahead of time for the support!!

Replies

• razierazie
    Options
    Well, I just joined on Monday (4-13) and am very excited and hopeful about this site! I have struggled with my weight all my life but am presently the heaviest I have ever been...by far. And I hate it. I have tried many diets before and some have worked but not long-term. I need to make a LIFE change, it's not about just dropping a few pounds for me. I want to lose weight, be more physically fit and be able to maintain a healthier way of life for many, many years to come. Seeing the success of so many others is both inspiring and motivational! Best of luck to you all and thanks ahead of time for the support!!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options

Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web!
    I was the same way, struggled my whole life with a weight problem. I've tried EVERYthing out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing worked until I came here! MFP REALLY, REALLY works!!! So stick with it, and you definitely won't be sorry! :smile:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:
  • krichardson50325
    Options
    looks like we are in the same boat. I also joined monday and could lose 90 lbs as well but i set my goal at 69. hopefully i will want to lose more once i get there. i have lost 5 pounds already since monday but will only record my weight every monday. good luck to you . i hope we are on our way to better things.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love it here. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • razierazie
    Options
    Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web!
    I was the same way, struggled my whole life with a weight problem. I've tried EVERYthing out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing worked until I came here! MFP REALLY, REALLY works!!! So stick with it, and you definitely won't be sorry! :smile:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:
    [/quote]

Thanks! I agree, the food counter is definitely and eye-opener! And I am trying to consume a minimum of 8 glasses of water each day. Not only does it fill me up when I think I am hungy it also makes me feel better, almost "cleansed" to be so hydrated. Thanks again!
  • razierazie
    Options
    looks like we are in the same boat. I also joined monday and could lose 90 lbs as well but i set my goal at 69. hopefully i will want to lose more once i get there. i have lost 5 pounds already since monday but will only record my weight every monday. good luck to you . i hope we are on our way to better things.

Congrats on your FIRST 5lbs!! Good luck to you as well! And I feel sure that if we continue to use the site we will get closer and closer to the results we are looking for. :wink:
  • razierazie
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love it here. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:

Thanks for the well wishes and encouragement!! Congrats on your progress so far!
  • jennlos
    jennlos Posts: 200
    Options
    I hope that you are finding this site to be helpful it is for me its a real eyeopener when I look up food that I used to eat. Everyone on here has it right there is not quick fix or magic pill, the equation is simple, Watch your calories, cardio, strength training and slowly but surely the LBs will drop. I wish you luck on your journey!:flowerforyou:
  • razierazie
    Options
    I hope that you are finding this site to be helpful it is for me its a real eyeopener when I look up food that I used to eat. Everyone on here has it right there is not quick fix or magic pill, the equation is simple, Watch your calories, cardio, strength training and slowly but surely the LBs will drop. I wish you luck on your journey!:flowerforyou:

Thanks for the input and support!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options

Thanks for the well wishes and encouragement!! Congrats on your progress so far!

you are very welcome and thanks.