I am tired of fad diets. Need to lose weight due to medical

Options
I am over 50 and have tried all of the diets but I know that the less calories you take in and the more calories you burn, you will lose weight. I have high blood pressure, high cholesteral, and diabetes and am obese. I do know that logging food intake and exersize time helps with weight loss. So this needs to be a life style change for me. And I think that this posting site can be a real help too!

Replies

• Babyblueeyez4O5
    Babyblueeyez4O5 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Welcome, i also need to lose weight for medical reasons and also to lose weight for myslef... I have some of your medical conditions and a few you dont have, I have been on this site for one week today, and its helped me alot...
    feel free to add me and we can swap ideas on weight loss.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Welcome! MFP is a great resource for losing weaight and getting to better/healthier levels. Many people on the site are trying for the same goal as you, best of luck!
  • Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You have already crossed the most significant hurdle. If you want help you are welcome to 'friend' me and we'll do it together. You can do this. Hoooah!
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    MFP has really helped me!
    I joined Memorial Day. I've lost 39 pounds and gone from an 18 to 14.
    At first I just logged the food I ate. Soon, I started changing my food choices to healthier ones. Today I have an appointment to see a nutritionist to see what suggestions she may have to improve my choices more.
    I also have made exercise a daily part of my life. I belong to a gym and try to mix up my exercises to avoid boredom.
    I forgot to mention, I'm 61.
    MFP helped me and I know it can help you too, but it does take work, commitment and willingness to change. :smile:
  • sewedo1
    sewedo1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Welcome.....and you have a healthy attitude about this journey which is usually the first step to change....add me as friend if you'd like.
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal! Make a lot of friends on this site as it really helps to motivate you. Log in everything, every day, good and bad. I not only watch calories, but I also watch my sodium. I only walk 20-25 minutes a few times a week along with step ups a few times a week. You can do this. :happy: