Oreo Truffles / Picture / Make Others Fat :)

Options
AggieLu
AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
Hey everyone. This is a courtesy recipe of JasonSwetland... Serve these to your friends to make them fat. :O) They are sinfully delicious. I made a double batch for a church fund-raiser, and they were all gone within 30 minutes. Seriously! Not kidding.

OREO TRUFFLES

1 (16 ounce) package OREO Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, divided
1 (8 ounce) package Cream Cheese, softened
1 (12 ounce) package Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, melted

Crush 4 of the cookies to fine crumbs in food processor; reserve for later use. (Cookies can also be finely crushed in a resealable plastic bag using a rolling pin.) Crush remaining cookies to fine crumbs; place in medium bowl. Add cream cheese; mix until well blended. (At this point, I covered the dough and placed it in a fridge for 2 hours- it makes rolling easier). Roll cookie mixture into 42 balls, about 1-inch in diameter.
Dip balls in chocolate; place on wax paper-covered baking sheet. (Any leftover chocolate can be stored at room temperature for another use.) Sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs.
Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Store leftover truffles, covered, in refrigerator. Enjoy! :O)

DSC09212640x480.jpg

Replies

• Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    OH EM GEEE!!! I bet those are AMAZING!
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Bump....
    I am going to make these for a fundraiser.
  • ccarpe
    ccarpe Posts: 118
    Options
    That's not very nice!! Looks yummy though. Just made two different batches of choc/pb bars for my son to take to his soccer banquet, they had an Oreo cookie crust, and were OH SO GOOD. I sent the leftovers to my youth group and work. Out of my house wnith that sinfully good food ;)
  • inthebetween
    Options
    I am heavily considering just making tons of delicious food so that they'll gain weight and I'll look better by comparison....
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    But for people who want to eat real food, how many calories in each one?
  • Shyloh1
    Shyloh1 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I am so making these for Xmas!:bigsmile:
  • jazzybean1
    Options
    Hey everyone. This is a courtesy recipe of JasonSwetland... Serve these to your friends to make them fat. :O) They are sinfully delicious. I made a double batch for a church fund-raiser, and they were all gone within 30 minutes. Seriously! Not kidding.

OREO TRUFFLES

1 (16 ounce) package OREO Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, divided
    1 (8 ounce) package Cream Cheese, softened
    1 (12 ounce) package Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, melted

Crush 4 of the cookies to fine crumbs in food processor; reserve for later use. (Cookies can also be finely crushed in a resealable plastic bag using a rolling pin.) Crush remaining cookies to fine crumbs; place in medium bowl. Add cream cheese; mix until well blended. (At this point, I covered the dough and placed it in a fridge for 2 hours- it makes rolling easier). Roll cookie mixture into 42 balls, about 1-inch in diameter.
    Dip balls in chocolate; place on wax paper-covered baking sheet. (Any leftover chocolate can be stored at room temperature for another use.) Sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs.
    Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Store leftover truffles, covered, in refrigerator. Enjoy! :O)

DSC09212640x480.jpg
    bump...humane society fundraiser and they look easy to do...at someone elses house though...lol!
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    But for people who want to eat real food, how many calories in each one?

I didn't figure the calories for this recipe. If I don't know the calories, I will not eat the food. :O)
  • bridgeo74
    bridgeo74 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I dip mine in white chocolate.
    This Halloween I decorated them to look like eyeballs and put them on wooden skewers.
    I am interested to know how many calories too. I will put it in the recipe counter and find out!

Okay...I went and put my recipe in. I have to use 2 pkgs of white chocolate chips to dip. I have not perfected the dipping, so I am sure you could use less if you practiced. My truffles came out to 159 colories each for 40 balls.

EVERYONE who eats these love them...making them again for Christmas...I will eat one and watch everyone else eat the rest!!!
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    About 60 calories per ball.
  • StrengthIsBeautiful
    Options
    Who am I kidding? ....bump!
  • auto63
    auto63 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    MMMMM they look so good. I am going to try them with white chocolate. I will put in the receipe builder and figure calories. Thanks for sharing.
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I make these every Christmas! No one can resist my reindeer balls! Oh, and I sprinkled them with green sugar on St. Patrick's Day... you guessed it! Leprechaun balls!
  • patience842003
    Options
    Bump.... Family Dinner :-)
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    mouth is watering...these sound awesome!!!
  • 1grammie
    1grammie Posts: 163
    Options
    bump
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    I've made these before and they are always a big hit! I also just saw a magazine that suggested trying different combinations, like using chocolate chip cookies instead of oreos, different kinds of dipping chocolates, etc. I've also made mine dipped in white chocolate. Awesome!

But I know...not the best for a fitness site...
  • chryciw
    chryciw Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    These are SUPER yummy made with MINT oreos... What heaven must taste like! :)
  • NefariousBunny
    Options
    Oh...my..gawd! LOL nom nom! :)