fat/skin roll under my boobs

Options
i have this weird roll under my boobs that's either fat or skin and i dont know how to get rid of it. i've always had it and to be honest i dont think i'll ever get rid of it because even when i had an eating disorder and lost a lot of weight, it was still there. the fat seems to disappear from everywhere except this area. that's got me wondering..is it skin? it's just so frusturating :(

Replies

• ratellcm
    ratellcm Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I think I have the exact same thing. It kind of sits on the bottom edge of your rib cage? I don't know what to do about it though. :( Might just be here to stay.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I have it too sometimes xD just fat. Have to decrease your body fat % for it to go away. stubborn area!
  • t_rog
    t_rog Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    i think i have the same thing! it starts beneath my boobs and ends right below my ribs. terrible
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I have it!! i just kinda figured it was from my rib cage.. but yea.. it looks like fat and its annoying.. Im so happy that Im not alone!! ;)
  • Duelltolose
    Duelltolose Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Yup, same problem here too. I hate it so much! That's what makes me feel worse. : / I can't stand it. I hope someone knows how to get rid of it
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    HEY I HAVE THAT TOO! Or had it! I got rid of most of it by doing dancing workouts and various arm workouts. It was actually the first part of my body that started to vanish. I have an unnaturally large ribcage so I am still wide around there, but most of the fat there is gone! If you want some ideas let me know, send me a message private and I will give you a list of things to help!
  • cpotter4
    cpotter4 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    yup. used to have it too. My ticker says i have only lost 7 pounds, but thats just since i joined MFP. I have lost 27 altogether. Try to do more chest flies (or with heavier weights) and push-ups. This is said to help with sagging boobs but can HELP with that stubborn area too. Help, not eliminate. Sorry :( I don't know what else to tell you, mine mostly went away after 15ish pounds.
  • raige123
    raige123 Posts: 352
    Options
    Mine showed up there after I had my son. Figured when my organs re-positioned themselves once he was out, they went back in place wrong, lol.
  • Tmbrooks75
    Tmbrooks75 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    pics or it doesnt exist. hahaha :)
  • slc150
    slc150 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I've always had that fat under my boobs too! However, when I've lost weight in the past I noticed it does shrink down a bit. What is more annoying about mine is that it's a fatter pocket on my left side! I wonder if it has anything to do with my left side not being my predominant hand? My right boob is the bigger one so I don't think it's that. Anyway, post if you find exercises that get rid of that under the boob fat! I'm curious myself! Glad I'm not alone! =-)
  • allymorin
    Options
    didn't know so many of us have this problem !
    so from what i've gathered, i think it should just come off if we lean up & get rid of a little body fat by both cardio and core exercises :)
    thankyou all of your for that info! huge help.
  • jenny4teach
    jenny4teach Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I cannot tell you how great it is to hear that I am not the only one with this awkward thing! I know that sounds horrible, but its been the thing im most self conscious about! I joke around and call them my A cups (Im a C) but its embarassing! I have a permanent skin line underneath them and tend to sweat there during the summer so I'll have a line across my shirts. I am embarassed everytime I sit down because it shows through my shirts sometimes. Will it really go away if I tone up? I was considering starting to research plastic surgeons because I thought I was one of the only people with this and that it would never go away!
  • ncblueyes
    Options
    I have it too and a plastic surgeon told me only surgery would fully eliminate (it is much smaller - have lost 116 lbs; 7 lbs to go)! mine is also larger on the left side!
  • jenny4teach
    jenny4teach Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have it too and a plastic surgeon told me only surgery would fully eliminate (it is much smaller - have lost 116 lbs; 7 lbs to go)!

ahhh no!!!!! what kind of surgery?
  • ncblueyes
    Options
    Circumferential abdominoplasty - remember I have lost 116 pounds; lots of skin! I don't know if I will really ever do it - MAJOR & expensive surgery!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I thought it was just me! I'm trying to lose my breast so I was trying to figure out why that little rolls is there.. I'm toning up my abs while trying to burn the fat there.. It's making progress and I've change my eating.. It's better than before but still there
  • spicychick1987
    Options
    i have very same problem! I still haven't found a way to reduce it. :(
  • Hailz12
    Hailz12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad there's others out there with this problem. I have it too and It ruins my mood a lot. I've lost 13 pounds but the roll hasn't budged. I know it's probably genetic but I MUST find a way to get rid of it! I'm guessing a lot of cardio, toning and patience is the key!
  • Hey I know this is a ridiculously late reply to the thread, sorry about that!
    But I think how you sit has something to do with it because when I sit up straight it's virtually not there, it's only when I slouch that it becomes visible so maybe slouching kind of enhances or worsens it?
  • Carynjenn
    Options
    I have this issue. I also had a tummy tuck w/lipo done less than a year ago. My plastic surgeon told me bf he ever operated that this area is one of the hardest to remove the fat....and he was correct! It is def not as large but still there. He said cardio and ab work outs would be beneficial to remove the rest! So don't bet on the surgery to remove it!