Personal Question for WOMEN!

Options
I Started my weight loss journey a little over a month ago with exercise and diet changes. I am now 2 weeks late on my cycle....

Replies

• Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Are you normally regular on your cycle?
  • Scatterdragon
    Scatterdragon Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Since starting this diet, and working out so much... my cycle is all over the place.
  • raige123
    raige123 Posts: 352
    Options
    Mine got messed up at first too ... only more frequent ... every 2 weeks.
  • midwifekelley2350
    midwifekelley2350 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    yep, pee test! next, relax, sometimes stress can make you late and if you have been putting a lot of pressure on yourself over diet and exercise it can happen. your body fat has to be pretty low to miss periods due to exercise so don't worry about that. rule out the obvious first and do a pee test. anything healthwise going on? thyroid problem or anything?
  • purplebabe2025
    purplebabe2025 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Pee test.

This.
    I'm sorry I have nothing else to give. I thought it should keep you regular unless you've made a drastic change which has put your body in shock!
  • cpotter4
    cpotter4 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    It's normal for your moon to be messed up by weight loss, especially 28 pounds in a month! Great job! Stress and any weight loss pills can effect it too.
  • xYumzx
    xYumzx Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I Started my weight loss journey a little over a month ago with exercise and diet changes. I am now 2 weeks late on my cycle....

Dieting and exercise cause a big change in cycle because your body is learning a whole new way
  • allieshaw
    allieshaw Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Yes I can almost always bet I will start in the 2nd of every month.
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Is there any chance you could be expecting? If you have been abstinent, then don't worry, sometimes you just don't ovulate. And sometimes you'll be 10 days early! Crazy, hectic life.

There is a book called "Fertility, Cycles & Nutrition" it's very insightful!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Drastic changes in diet can affect your hormones. If there's no chance of pregnancy, I'd say your body is just adjusting to your new routine.
  • allieshaw
    Options
    It's normal for your moon to be messed up by weight loss, especially 28 pounds in a month! Great job! Stress and any weight loss pills can effect it too.

28 lbs to go...not LOST! ;)
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Yes I can almost always bet I will start in the 2nd of every month.

I would suggest talking to your doctor then. It could be nothing, but it could also be something, y'know? Drastic changes in your cycle can be indicative of a lot of problems, some insignificant, some big. Hopefully, it's just a bad month :smile:
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    When I first started working out my normal week long heavy was a three day drip. It was like it was not even fully there. But It was because my body was going into changes and my body got stressed out because of it. Just relax and it will eventually come. If it doesn't by the next time it should hit I would recommend seeing your doctor. And everyone that keeps telling her to pee on a stick read above, she has been fixed lol. I will hope it comes for you, I know how stressing it can be to wonder where it went.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I'm fixed!!!:blushing:

Pee on a stick anyway. It is extremely rare, but one can get pregnant after being fixed.
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    It's not uncommon to stop cycling when you pick up a really demanding workout routine, especially if you weren't very regular to begin with. Not a bad idea to check in with a gyno, but you're probably fine. Any idea what your body fat percentage is?
  • fbnngrss
    fbnngrss Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Lots of excercise can cause irregularity.
  • LJGmom
    LJGmom Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Working out is causing you to be late...it will be back. I wouldn't stress too much.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    You haven't been dabbling in HCG, have you?
  • allieshaw
    Options
    It's not uncommon to stop cycling when you pick up a really demanding workout routine, especially if you weren't very regular to begin with. Not a bad idea to check in with a gyno, but you're probably fine. Any idea what your body fat percentage is?
    Not sure really...I only have about 25 to lose. I am 170 and 5'6.
  • jaabee11
    jaabee11 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    just relax, your body & mind are going through some changes. Keep doing what you're doing & if you miss next month as well then maybe consider seeing the doc but I'm sure it's nothing. This sort of stuff happens. I remember a doc telling me once you can miss one after just going on a plane trip cause it messes with your body and mind! lol.