Personal Question for WOMEN!

Options
2»

Replies

• allieshaw
    allieshaw Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You haven't been dabbling in HCG, have you?
    Huh?:tongue:
  • lep_623
    lep_623 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    stress will definately get it off... also losing weight and exercise/dieting can too, that is why alot of SERIOUS athletes don't have periods sometimes until they stop training, etc. but a pee test is a good idea... just be aware you can have a false negative, but you can never have a false positive (I had a pharmacist tell me that)
    Good luck and keep up your hard work!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    You haven't been dabbling in HCG, have you?
    Huh?:tongue:

HCG: a hormone produced by pregnant women which is what's used to determine pregnancy. It's also a dangerous weight loss supplement.
  • allieshaw
    Options
    I am absolutely not taking hcg or any other supplements. And if I weren't fixed I would be worried about being pregnant. The only other thing would be my diet change.
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    My periods are all over the place, too. DH is fixed so I never worry about being preggo, but it does get annoying trying to keep track of things. I have run 4 marathons and every time I get close to running one my periods get REALLY messed up, then it takes a couple months for them to get back ton track.

BTW, we started at a very similar place. I'm 5'5" and my highest weight was 167 (about 6 years ago). I also thought I needed to lose about 25-30lbs. My original goal weight was 135. Got close, realized I didn't feel done, revised to 125. Hit 125 last October, still didn't feel "done" and am shooting for 115 and to qualify for the Boston Marathon. :) Currently at 123, size 4 and feeling fantastic. Best of luck on your weight loss journey.

Wish I had a better answer for your messed up cycles. I talked with my ob/gyn and she said short of going on a hormonal birth control, she had no solution for me.
  • bella8282
    bella8282 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Diet and exercise can definatly do this, I have not menstrated properly for 4 years. i can go 6+ months at a time with nothing ( my dr knows this....) I'm in recovery from amorexia and have learnt alot about this.
    Any new stress on the body be it good or bad can alter you cycle. even flying over 8 hours on a air plane can alter your cycle.

I wouldnt worry yet :)
  • allieshaw
    Options
    Yay...i started!:happy:
  • saranohinsac
    Options
    Thanks for asking this! I am 26 days late and still going.. I should have bought stock in pregnancy tests, not trying to get pregnant but what the heck?!

I have lost 20 pounds in the last 8 weeks, I never thought I'd actually MISS my period!
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I"ve not had one lately either. Blaming it on the weight loss and exercise.
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    What is a DH?
  • saranohinsac
    Options
    DH=Devoted Husband