It's a beautiful day outside...

Options
And I have a brand new jump rope, good music on my iPod, and plenty of energy.

So what am I doing?

Sitting inside worrying about how if I go out and jump rope like I really want to, people will see me and think I look fat/silly/place whatever negative adjective you wish here.

:huh:

Someone kick me or something. :angry:

Replies

• Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options

So what am I doing?

Sitting inside worrying about how if I go out and jump rope like I really want to, people will see me and think I look fat/silly/place whatever negative adjective you wish here.

:huh:

Someone kick me or something. :angry:
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Here is your kick. Get out there and do it!!! Don't even think about what others may think. Just know you are doing to better yourself, then you can laugh at them. :flowerforyou:
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    The great thing about where I live is there is no one really around me (1/4 mile or so) that can see me make a fool of myself. That being said, I too have a jump rope, do I use it? Heck no!!! My worry is more of hurting myself rather than looking silly (that's my story and I'm sticking to it):glasses:
  • jennlos
    jennlos Posts: 200
    Options
    DO IT!!! GO OUT AND ENJOY THE DAY WHO CARES WHAT PEOPLE THINK AS LONG AS YOU ARE HAVING FUN, GO GET OUT
  • FitnessGeek
    FitnessGeek Posts: 487
    Options

So what am I doing?

What a coincidence! I just bought a jump rope like 15 min ago at Target, and now that I am home, I was thinking the same thing. I live on a busy street, with a non-existent yard...and I'm a bit embarrassed to go outside and jump rope like I'm 10 (but since I'm not 10, it's not cute lol). So, I think I'm gonna take my dog and head over to a near by baseball field. Usually, it's empty. Maybe you, too, could find a place near-by that isn't so out in the open. :happy:
  • terri0027
    terri0027 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    It will be fun. You might even laugh as you do it...burning even more calories :-)
  • glendaz
    glendaz Posts: 55
    Options
    You should be happy you are where it is nice!! I am currently snowed in with about 10 inches of snow with up to 18 inches more on the way!! It isn't supposed to quit snowing until tomorrow afternoon!!! I just finished a 10 minute jump rope exercise from youtube! (I have done it twice!) Go out before the weather gets bad!!!
  • susanabrooks83
    Options
    I would love to go out and jump rope today if I could! We're getting 10-20 inches of snow in Denver, so you should enjoy it for me!
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    beautiful day here also....unfortunately I had to work all day...done now! woohoo...weekend here I come.
  • Roxy34
    Roxy34 Posts: 146
    Options
    Hahaha, its funny how we worry about such things hey?! Its bad enough when my own children laugh at me if I do something like that, lol. We just end up turning it into a huge laugh fest and I end up with a good work out on my abs, from laughing so hard! :laugh:

Go jump your buns off girl!!! :drinker:
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    Thanks guys.

I ended up jumping for 5 minutes, then walking for 5 and then jumping for another 5.

It wasn't alot, but jumping rope is pretty intense!

I'm so glad I didn't let my irrational fears stop me. It was fun!

SO to everyone holding back because you're too afraid to be seen - Do it anyway! It's not nearly as bad as we set it up in our mind to be.

:flowerforyou:

Now I'm off to do 20 minutes of aerobics. :bigsmile:
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Today was the first day since last Fall that I got out my hula hoop & jump rope :happy:
    (I don't care what people think of me :laugh: )

Felt good to do something different for a change!

I really hope Spring sticks around for awhile :wink:
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    I want to learn how to hula hoop! I never did it as a kid - too shy to even try it. It always looked like so much fun. And I've heard it really slims down the tummy. I tried to get the hang of it a few months back with an old hoop I found lieing around, but to no avail. I think the hoop might have been too light weight.

Maybe that will be my next purchase. :wink: :bigsmile:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys.

I ended up jumping for 5 minutes, then walking for 5 and then jumping for another 5.

It wasn't alot, but jumping rope is pretty intense!

I'm so glad I didn't let my irrational fears stop me. It was fun!

SO to everyone holding back because you're too afraid to be seen - Do it anyway! It's not nearly as bad as we set it up in our mind to be.

:flowerforyou:

Now I'm off to do 20 minutes of aerobics. :bigsmile:

Sweet Livi-- when I started running, I'd prefer to do it at night for just those reasons-- and it really is so silly. But, now I'm running 3 miles in broad daylight and will do my first 5k this coming Sunday--

These things can be overcome, people-- we're doing good things for ourselves-- don't worry about what some people may think-- in reality, a lot of 'em are saying, "Good for her."

Just do it, folks!!

Yay, Livi on the jumprope-- if I hadn't blown my kegels to hell with my 9 childbirths, I'd love to jump rope. But unless I wish to invest in Depends, it ain't a'happenin'.