One goal achieved, 4 lbs to go for another

Options
Yesterday, I achieved one of my personal goals...I finished a 1/2 marathon!! I have never been truly athletic, but have found running to be such a rush! When I first started attempting to run 3 years ago, I injured my back, sidelining me. A year and a half ago, I tore a ligament in my left knee and had gained at least 50 lbs. Starting this past April, I started dieting. In May, I found MFP. I am now 4 lbs from my goal weight, have dropped 4 dress sizes and yesterday, finished a 1/2 marathon in 3:05:29. It wasn't pretty, but I did it!! (Not too shabby for a 42 year old who's never done this before!) It only encourages me to keep up the good work!! Thanks to friends and family and MFP!!! I am sore this morning, but feel amazing!!!:happy:

Replies

• Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    That's amazing. you have inspired me! I am 42 too, hoping to get better at running!
  • daram05
    Options
    You sooooooo just motivated me. I'm only 4lbs away myself. I've been stuck in a rut, but I'm willing to keep at for a healthy and better me :smile:
  • daram05
    Options
    Also, congrats on your victories and NSV!
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's a wonderful accomplishment and should be very proud of yourself!!
  • merrick7871
    Options
    You are an inspiration! I am 40 and am really getting into a regular exercise regime for the first time in my life! I have 47 more pounds to go to meet my goal. Good luck on yours!
  • aimeerowe91
    Options
    that's amazing. well done! i'm trying to get into running at the mo :)
  • Kms2402
    Options
    Thanks !! With a little determination, you can do anything!! Keep at it!! I don't intend on stopping now!! I'm going to keep running, keep MFP to keep me on track and just continue to love my life!! I've come a long way to just throw it all away now! Good luck to you all and never think you can't do it...you can!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!