5 foot 9 ladies?

Options
Hey Ladies

I recently found out that im 5 foot 9, i used to be 5 foot 11!! so this means my goal weight needs to change to be a healthy bmi.

i was just wondering what other 5 foot 9 ladies have as their goal weight?

xxxx

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    157 pounds for now. We'll see if I need to adjust it when I get there.
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    I would like to see 150.
  • Aloha2TheSkinnyMe
    Aloha2TheSkinnyMe Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    5'9, currently 145, goal is 133!
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    My current goal is 141. I am currently at 150 and in a healthy BMI range though.
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Mine was originally 150, but when I got there I was not satisfied so I lowered it to 140. Then, when I got there I was too skinny on top and too fat on the bottom LOL- so I'm working on muscle building and weight maintenance.
  • It should be 145, but I will settle for less.
  • Lumens
    Lumens Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 137, and taking it one pound at a time. My set goal is 130, but I'm not sure I'll go down that low.
  • ForTheSmile
    ForTheSmile Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and my goal weight is 150, but that's pretty far away for me right now! And I only set that goal because that's what the BMI calculator said would be healthy for me. In the past, I've been 162 and I could see my ribs when I put my hands over my head (a big deal for a big girl like me!).
  • theresamommyof4
    theresamommyof4 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I used to be 5' 9", now I'm 5' 8"... it's so hard to want to switch your goal around huh? I keep wanting to re-measure myself to see if there was a mess-up somewhere :)

At 5' 8", my goal is 145. I so wish I still had that inch!
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Mine was 158, I'm currently wobbling between 156 and 157. Honestly I think I could just about get to around 150, but just couldn't maintain - where I am is already a lot of work being honest!!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 - not close off :)

I started at 150 and my goal weight was 130. When I reached that I was smaller than I liked up the top (collarbones etc) but roughly what I wanted on my stomach and legs.
    I'm quite a small build btw, a lot of people our height would look great at 150-160 I just really don't. A healthy weight differs quite significantly with build. You can find out what you are using a formula online, measuring your wrist size :)
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    LOL...I could swear I was 5'10" in high school....

Anyway, my original goal was 150, but I'm 155 now, and pretty sure I'll be aiming to go a bit lower. I'm happy with my sizes for the most part, but am still dealing with some extra around the stomach and muffin tops, so I want to lose that before I delcare myself finished!
  • gracibelle
    Options
    I am a recovering anorexic with bulimic tendencies, and my doctor told me that for my (medium) frame, I need to stay around 130-140. I'm currently 131.2! First, calculate your body frame size here: http://www.etoolsage.com/calculator/Body_Weight_Calculator and then after you have your frame size, click the tab on that page that says "ideal weight", and enter your height and frame size.
    for someone who's 5'9 and has a small frame, it's 130.5. For a medium frame, it's 145, and for a large frame, it's 159.5.
    Good luck!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Currently my goal is 150... Ultimate Goal is 140.. If I ever get down to 140 we'll see, but I'm liking how 152 looks so 150 may be ok for me.
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Thanks very much, i was thinking at getting down to around 163 because at the moment i am 173 and people are saying im looking great and i dont wanna lose too much more. I think if i got lower than 11 stone i wouldn't look great

xxx
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I'm at 158 but weight isn't a great decider for me. I would like to be a size 4/6 which is usually around 145 or so, I'm also running a lot and want to gain more muscle which will make a definite difference in my weight.
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    My goal is 160. I was pretty thin at that weight but I went to the etool site and it says 145. I am a little afraid of being that small, like it is unachievable or something. :(
  • nekosimba
    nekosimba Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    My goal right now is to get to 175. I prefer to be curvy. It may change once I get there, but ultimately, I think I'll be happy at that weight.
  • UpToTheChallenge
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and my goal is 150lbs :)

If possible, 145 at my lowest because I am "bigger boned"
  • alanabancroft
    Options
    I'm 5'9. Current weight it 143 ish. Trying to get down to 135 after the weight gain from my babies. Don't think I've ever been lower than 140. But as long as I look good in my jeans, weight is only a number.