A way to boost metabolism?

Options
2»

Replies

• spottedlee
    Options
    For anyone who plans to start taking B vitamins: be warned, you will pee neon yellow the next morning lol
    kewl
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    I don't take vitamins or anything, but what has helped me is eating every 2-3 hours. I lost over 2 pounds this week and I didn't exercise any more than usual. I try to eat from 1700-2000 calories a day. i used to eat 800-1200 a day and didn't lose anything and would be exercising more. Good luck!

Get that protein higher! Your eating enough protein to power a very small mouse!

I will, I will! Today was a bad day for me! GOSH! haha

Ine of my favorite things for protein is Gold Standard Whey in Vanilla.
    I mix a scoop in almond milk and its heaven!
  • MegJo
    MegJo Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    For anyone who plans to start taking B vitamins: be warned, you will pee neon yellow the next morning lol

It's true!!!!! We're talking school bus yellow lol
  • couponfun
    couponfun Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I'd love to find one that wasn't as large as a horse pill and tasted awful :laugh: suggestions?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,503 Member
    Options
    Best way to boost metabolism is to train intensely. Get out of your comfort zone and hit it heavy and hard.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    I'd love to find one that wasn't as large as a horse pill and tasted awful :laugh: suggestions?

I take Sisu B-complex. Decent size and no taste. :)
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    i take B12 and several other supplements. don't know if it boosts my metabolism, but i'll tell you what probably does :

i started doing 20 minutes of my workout when i first wake up instead of doing the whole thing after work. it makes it a lot easier after work, and it probably gets my heart going early in the day when i would normally be dragging.
  • Madiann
    Madiann Posts: 177
    Options
    Bump
  • deanna200284
    deanna200284 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    If you have a Vitamin Shoppe in your area, they sell B-12 pills that are teeny tiny and you put it under your tongue and let it dissolve. You might be able to find them at GNC too, but I've never looked there since I always buy mine from Vitamin Shoppe. I love taking them. They don't taste that bad, sort of sweet, and they help me with my energy and mood. If you just need a little boost and don't want to take the horse pill sized one.
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    my thing is -

carbs at 0430

workout from 0500-0600

Protein lots of protein when I get home

Eat every 2-3 hours small snacks (break up your lunch)

Dinner

Snacks

Bed time by 2200

I'm an hour behind you!
    We should get together and hit the iron!

Whats your favorite bedtime snack?

Not a whole lot of bed time snack, occasionally I ll have a tablespoon of peanut butter or ill split an apple/ banana with my son with some peanutbutter on it. I try not to eat anything after dinner especially sugar.
  • amberl10
    amberl10 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I took one for 4 months and never noticed a difference.
  • SandyBaldwin
    SandyBaldwin Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    What is your choice of protein most mornings Dan?
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Best way to boost metabolism is to train intensely. Get out of your comfort zone and hit it heavy and hard.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

THIS!!!^^^
  • couponfun
    couponfun Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    If you have a Vitamin Shoppe in your area, they sell B-12 pills that are teeny tiny and you put it under your tongue and let it dissolve. You might be able to find them at GNC too, but I've never looked there since I always buy mine from Vitamin Shoppe. I love taking them. They don't taste that bad, sort of sweet, and they help me with my energy and mood. If you just need a little boost and don't want to take the horse pill sized one.

I'll have to check that out...I was taking this B-complex many moons ago that was literally making me gag. Considering all the other medications i'm on I just gave up on it. B12 is really what I need since I'm borderline deficient, but not enough for full-on supplementation via shots, and again, doc is hesitant to add another pill. But if this one dissolves I'll definitely have to check that out.

As to the exercise part, yes you're right - that's the best way to boost your energy/metabolism. But especially on flare days or on days where I'm having a rough go of it I'd still like that little extra help, ya know? :smile:
  • dreamshadows
    dreamshadows Posts: 734 Member
    Options

It's true!!!!! We're talking school bus yellow lol
    Sounds almost like dehydration yellow!:laugh:
  • stefchica
    stefchica Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    when i take it RELIGIOUSLY i notice my bobdy craving vitamins. i need to stock back up but i would take a b vitamin complex, biotin, b6 and a mulitivatmin on top of that.

it was noticeable in my alertness and overal energy
  • ninjapixie87
    ninjapixie87 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I just started taking a B-complex suppliment a few days ago, and I think it's helping already. I take one in the morning with breakfast. It feels like I stay fuller longer and I'm not as tired. But I'd have to take it for a while longer before I decide if it's really helping.

I use Nature's Place All Natural B-Complex. It's in capsule form, so I think it actually gets digested better than a pill would.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    B12 will help with your energy levels if you are deficient in it.

It won't actually raise your metabolism. The only real ways to do that would be to gain muscle mass... caffeine can also provide a small increase for a short period of time.