lost the baby weight, starting to model - pictures

Options
Hi there. I joined MFP about a year and a half ago, but became pregnant within a few months. I started out 155lbs, but by the end of my pregnancy, I weighed 208lbs. I gave birth to my beautiful daughter at the beginning of June, but since my weight was unhealthy, I decided to come back to MFP. I walked during the healing period after giving birth, and once my body could handle it, I began cardio workouts 5 times a week. Because I was breastfeeding, I aimed for a net calorie intake of no less than 1,700 each day, with my doctor’s approval of course.

I lost 50lbs, and reached my goal of my pre-pregnancy within 8 weeks. It felt so great to reach my goal that I decided I wanted to push myself even further, and pursue my dream of making a career out of modeling. Since reaching my initial goal in July, I have lost 16lbs. It has been slow, but I want to do this healthy. I will be entering an industry where so many people lose themselves, so I am going to take my time. This is not just a fad diet to get skinny quick; I want the pounds to stay off for good.

I am currently a size 8 (a whole dress size less than pre-pregnancy!), and for the modeling agency I have my eye on to consider me, I need to be at least a 6. My new goal is not a certain weight, but to drop a dress size. However, this journey has been about much more than just measurements for me. It is about reaching for my dreams. If a certain agency does not want me because they cannot see what I do, then that is fine, I can always find one that does. The most important thing is that I have become a more healthy and active person. I have several close relatives including my mom, my brother, and a few uncles, and my grandma, who all have type 2 diabetes. It is a scary reality for me, and I am not going to ignore the warnings.

Before I became pregnant, I was uncomfortable in my own skin, and too scared to believe in myself. I thought I was fat, and when I looked in a mirror, I only saw flaws. Pregnancy changed that all. Maybe it was the swollen ankles, not being able to wear my wedding ring, or maybe even just looking at my old pictures from high school. Something made me realize that I was crazy to think I ever had it bad before. Since then, I cannot help but appreciate my body and love it the way it is. For example, when the swelling in my legs went down (a few days after giving birth, no real weight loss yet) and I saw my ankles for the first time in months, I think I felt like the sexiest woman alive!

I hope that posting this will give me the motivation I need to continue to reach my final goal of losing those last stubborn inches. I am in the final stretch and it seems so close, yet so far away. In a few weeks, I have a photo shoot to start building a portfolio. I am so nervous, but very excited! Wish me luck!

I am rambling now. If anyone reads all of that, I guess what I want you take away from it is to love your body as it is. No matter how much you gain or lose, you are not going to feel better unless you respect yourself.

Here are some pictures; I hope they inspire you to reach for your dreams too.

Pre-pregnancy at 155lb. March 2010:

23980_10150159989285576_685115575_11627084_588896_n.jpg

200lbs. May 2011:

227491_10150257138810561_716380560_9179802_2707202_n.jpg

200lbs. May 2011:

DSC01543.jpg

First goal weight, 155lbs. August 2011:

319052_10150290574304213_513094212_7984946_982005_n.jpg

139lbs. Current:

DSC02814x.jpg

139lbs. Current:

DSC02822x.jpg

Replies

• JellyPrz619
    Options
    You're so cute! Lol and such an inspiration. I'm guessing you're around 5'7? I have similar weight goals and can't wait to get where you're at
  • Twins2007
    Twins2007 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    wow!!!

you look amazing!

keep up the great work :)
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    great job
  • Emery313
    Options
    WOW! You look awesome! I was the same way even when I was skinny I thought I was fat, but now that I have gained weight I wonder why I thought I was so bad??!! Keep up the good work!!
  • fbnngrss
    fbnngrss Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! You will be a great model! Very Inspiring!
  • princess_elle
    Options
    You're so cute! Lol and such an inspiration. I'm guessing you're around 5'7? I have similar weight goals and can't wait to get where you're at
    We're close! I am 5'8. Good luck. =)
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the eye candy. I will be moving along now.
  • c7eat2live
    c7eat2live Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    youre so inspiring, and you look gorgeous at ANY weight. I cannot WAIT to get there you are :)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Best of luck!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever told you that you look like Kristen Davis???
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    You look amazing in all your pictures!!
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Best of luck!

bump!
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Incredible journey, best of luck with the modelling xx
  • JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    You have done an AMAZING job!!! Congrats!! You look great!!!
  • princess_elle
    Options

Actually, no, that is a new one. I love her, though! The one I get most often is Zooey Deschanel.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Actually, no, that is a new one. I love her, though! The one I get most often is Zooey Deschanel.

It may just be the photos, but you look just like Davis in them.
  • DestinyDarbi
    DestinyDarbi Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    My story is so similar! Besides the modeling part.. haha I was 145 pre-pregnancy (I'm only 5'4"), got up to over 175 lbs, and now I'm down to 118! I still struggle with the whole "looking in the mirror" thing, but you are so right.. no matter our size, we have to learn to respect ourselves!

You were a BEAUTIFUL bride, such a CUTE preggo woman, and now a SMOKIN' mama! Congrats, and good luck on the rest of your journey! :flowerforyou:
  • Adventuretown
    Adventuretown Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! WAY TO GO!
  • MrsEdge928
    MrsEdge928 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the motivation! Im in the same boat. I just had my 2nd daughter in August, My kids are 15 months apart so My body has been through the ringer the last two years. You look wonderful and You gave me motivation to keep going. Thanks and good luck on the modeling your beautiful!
  • Justine13
    Justine13 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Awesome Pictures. Good Job getting back into shape after you had your baby. Best of luck :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!