Where do you buy your music?

Options
What are some good sites to purchase music online? I don't like itunes. I'm willing to pay a monthly membership fee, but I want to OWN my music!!!

Replies

• mikethom
    mikethom Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    In general I like to have my music on CDs, I prefer to buy as directly from the artist as possible as that maximizes the money going to them. Online, I buy from amazon.ca, and cdbaby.com. I have caved and resorted to digital downloads a couple of times; I have bought from www.7digital.com.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I personally subscribe to RHAPSODY. I really don't care to buy MP3s. I just don't see the point because with the subscription I can listen to it over and over until I get tired of it while at the same time checking out new music. My MP3 player is always bursting with music. For the price of less than one CD a month you can hear whatever the heck you want with no limits. To me that sounds better than buying an MP3.
  • KaraH425
    KaraH425 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My favorite place to go is Amazon, I'm not a fan of iTunes (the store) either. But since I DO use iTunes to organize my music and sync up to my iPod, I like that I can set Amazon to automatically organize my purchases into my iTunes library. I find the prices are comparable to or less than iTunes. And everything gets loaded into your cloud, so you can listen to your music on other devices with the Amazon mp3 app without having to download the music onto it (I don't use this since I always have my iPod with me and would rather not drain my phone battery, but some of my friends say they like it). I've never tried one of those monthly fee places, I like just paying as I go.
  • mroper
    mroper Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I use www.workoutmusic.com. The music they have are not songs performed by the original artists though, they are remixed to pump up the tempo. You choose what type of workout you are doing or what you want your heart rate to be and they have lists of songs you can add. Most of the stuff I buy have about 10-12 songs for around $10.00. And you download the music so you can burn it on a CD or upload it to an MP3 player or add to your Ipod.
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Wait, you're supposed to buy music?

J/k, J/k. I typically just use Itunes.
  • mikethom
    mikethom Posts: 183 Member
    Options

I have too many friends who are working musicians not to buy music, I know how much they depend on those sales.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I get most of my music from iTunes, but I also buy actual CDs from time to time, depending on the artist and how good the album is. I'm not going to buy a whole album if I only like a handful of the songs, though. I know musicians need to eat, but produce a crappy product, get a crappy paycheck.
  • jamesdelong
    jamesdelong Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I started using Spotify. It's like Rhapsody.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    If you're talking about downloading music, I've never done it.

As far as researching musix, I use Amazon and then either buy CD's or DVD's there or locally at Music Millenium.