WANTED: Ground Turkey Recipe

Options
2»

Replies

• htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Watch out for the seasoning packets (chili, tacos, mealoaf, etc.) THEY ARE LOADED WITH SODIUM! Make your own and you'll totally control the sodium!!!

I agree, I forgot to mention that. I can't remember which brand it is but one of them does have a low-sodium seasoning packet....
  • loki3981
    loki3981 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Turkey meatballs! I serve them with sauteed veggies and put a lot of veggies into the turkey itself.
  • fitrunnermd
    Options
    I have the cooking light 5 Ingredient 15 minutes cookbook and there is a recipe for beef and black bean chili. I substitute ground turkey for beef. It is quite yummy.

1 pound(s) Ground Turkey
    2 can(s) Bush's Black Beans, 15 Oz cans (No Salt)
    1 cup(s) Medium or Hot Chunky Salsa
    2 can(s) No Salt Added Tomato Sauce, 8 oz cans
    1 tablespoon(s) Chili Seasoning Mix ( I omit this and replace with a tablespoon of Heinze Chili Sauce)

Cook meat in a large saucepan over mediu-high heat until meat is browned, stirring until it crumbles. Drain, if necessary.

While meat cooks, drain and mash 1 can of beans. Add mashed beans, undrained beans, salsa, tomato sauce, and chili sauce to saucepan; stir well. Cook over medium heat 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated.

Spoon into serving bowls. If desired, top with sour cream and shredded cheese.

I make this pretty regularly. a serving is one cup and it is under 300 calories.
  • Kailat77
    Options
    Check out skinnytaste.com recipe Ground Turkey with Potatoes and Spring Peas. It is kind of indian inspired and turned out to be very tasty :)
  • gmkimby
    gmkimby Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers Turkey & Black Bean Chilli

Black Bean Turkey Chili
    10 servings
    3 P+ per serving
    1 package (20 oz) extra lean ground turkey
    1 cup onion, coarsely chopped
    1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    2 jalepeno peppers, seeded and minced
    1 tbsp chili powder
    1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
    1 1/2 tsp ground coriander
    1/2 tsp ground oregano
    1/2 tsp dried marjoram
    1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
    1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
    1 can (16oz) low sodium whole tomatoes, drained and coarsley chopped
    8 oz can tomato sauce
    1 can (16oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
    1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
    4 tbsp reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese

In a large stockpot, combine turkey, onion, red pepper, garlic, jalepeno peppers, chili powder, cumin, coriander, oregano, marjoram, red pepper flakes and cinnamon.

Cook mixture over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until turkey is no longer pink. Stir in tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes. Stir in beans and cilantro. Continue cooking an additional 5 minutes. Served topped with Cheese, makes about 10 cups.