Do you Log EVERYTHING?

Options

Replies

• ADobs
    ADobs Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I log EVERYTHING because if I don't I feel like I'm cheating myself and then I feel guilty. I also like to log everything because then I can see exactly what I'm eating and how much protein, carbs, etc. I'm getting each day. Through the week I eat the exact same thing every day, but on weekends is where I up my calories a bit so logging on those days is imperative.
  • Brandie1988
    Brandie1988 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Wow, So Many responses! :) I usually wont log mainly my pepper intake and my hot sauce intake, It is just to hard for myself to log every little thing, I do log things like salad dressing, Mayo, and ketchup ect. though. I sometimes add quick cals on little stuff. I know the hot sauce has quite a bit of sodium but I usually dont worry about it. I am usually not going over on my sodium by much, Plus like I said I do drink A LOT of water ( about 160-125 oz a day ) to hopefully counteract my sodium. Thats another question I am curious about, Does drinking alot of water truly counteract your sodium intake?
  • Hourglass25
    Hourglass25 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I don't log herbal tea, chillis, garlic, soy sauce or hot sauce. It's not like I'm cheating with chocolate lol!

Becareful with not logging soy sauce it's very high in sodium!

I dont log herbs, spices gum,. everything else I am pretty good with
  • margaretmillen
    Options
    No I use tapatio hot sauce... no calories. Sometimes I eat gum and don't log it (gum is like 5 to 10 calories depending on the brand). Estimating seams to be working for me. If at some point I stop loosing I might reevaluate my estimations though.
  • EReeves2
    EReeves2 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Several of you mentioned logging your vitamins. How do you go about doing that? I mean, are there some of them in the food database? Do you log it with the meal when you take them? I haven't thought about logging those, but it makes sense!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    I don't log everything and I don't log everyday, but I try to be as close as possible if I do plan to log, otherwise I leave myself a note in my daily log that something was off, or I decided not to continue logging everything. anyway, If I forget that I added a little cheese or pepper to my egg, or added a little milk to my oatmeal, the world won't end, lol
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    No veggies, spices, vitamins, etc... anything really little to no cal.
  • Araldia
    Araldia Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I don't log Domino's garlic and herb dip. I figure one little packet once a week is a treat worth absorbing.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do log EVERYTHING I eat....and like you, I also put black pepper, sriracha and hot sauce on everything as they are loaded with sodium.

I also log lemon wedges, herbal teas, herbs, spices, supplements, etc.
  • ShelleyD81
    ShelleyD81 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    The only things I don't log are spices and vitamins.

Ditto :)
  • Crystal_R84
    Crystal_R84 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm not super exact because we burn so many calories throughout the day in general that I won't panic if I don't put a jolly rancher in...
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Wow, So Many responses! :) I usually wont log mainly my pepper intake and my hot sauce intake, It is just to hard for myself to log every little thing, I do log things like salad dressing, Mayo, and ketchup ect. though. I sometimes add quick cals on little stuff. I know the hot sauce has quite a bit of sodium but I usually dont worry about it. I am usually not going over on my sodium by much, Plus like I said I do drink A LOT of water ( about 160-125 oz a day ) to hopefully counteract my sodium. Thats another question I am curious about, Does drinking alot of water truly counteract your sodium intake?

Nothing is really going to counter-act your sodium intake...but my question for you is how do you truly know you're not going over your sodium intake if you're not logging your hot sauces? Usually one tablespoon or so has more than 100mg of sodium. And MFP has the default sodium set to 1000mg+ what the intake level should be.

If anything, try to "balance" your sodium out by consuming more potassium.
  • Brandie1988
    Brandie1988 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have a sodium intake allowance of 2500mg. I figure I am not going over my sodium much because I log most everything ( besides my hot sauce) and am usually under my sodium, I guesstamate how much hot sauce I am using but I really cant measure it all the time.
  • annasid78
    Options
    I basically don't log things that have less than 5-10 calories. I am not really following my sodium or anything like that. I don't log diet beverages or coffee, eg, or salt or pepper or tabasco. But if I eat a Hershey Kiss- yep I log it. Or put catsup on something- yep I log it.

Ditto!
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    If I'm eating a veggie salad (and I mean all veggies - no cheese, croutons, etc) I don't log the veggies usually but I'll definitely log the salad dressing. I don't log my coffee in the morning but I definitely keep in mind the fact that the one creamer I add to it has 30 calories.

Sometimes I don't log my dinner anymore. It depends on my mood, phase of the mood, the color of my shirt... :laugh: I'm not the most consistent person! When I started this, though, I did log everything.
  • Mimzy_me
    Mimzy_me Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I log everything and I've added the cholesterol and sodium to my tracking....or was it fats...anyway, I'm tracking everything. Since I don't always eat more than 1200 calories, I really need to keep track to make sure that I'm getting over that amount.
    I've two more days to my first weigh in and so I'm hoping that there's some change.

My cardio is horrible! I can't even do normal tasks around the house without getting out of breath. So I really want to make sure I keep track of things that are going into my system.

Granted, aspirin or such I don't track....though with the headaches I get...maybe I should be tracking how often I take them. A friend once told me this summer that I was popping pain killers like peanuts....but then, I figured it was the heat causing the headaches.... Maybe I should have my new doctor check that out...just to be safe.
  • cdemoura14
    Options
    I log pretty much everything, because its nice to see that things I thought that were no big deal before, are a big deal now! Before I'd go thru a whole bag of Lifesavers at my desk because I was bored..and now I realized that 2 are 40 calories! I'd be consuming calories that I didn't even think I was!
  • Figuringoutme
    Options
    I log everything except gum and tums. They all are 5 calories each. I live on gum though, maybe I should start logging it lol
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I log all food that has calories. If there is no value to it, I don't log it.
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    When I do a recipe I put it all in. When I make a quick dish or bake chicken I will add it if it has sodium, unless it's hot sauce. I use mainly homemade or Tapatio, so no cals, but it has sodium and I'm on a water pill and drink a ton of water, but I love my hot sauce and am not giving it up, so the sodium will have to suffer!