Anyone tried fasting?

Options
2»

Replies

• babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    lol...fasting isnt unhealthy. but i wont go into it.
    It also wont slow your metabalism overnight. it doesnt work like that :smile:

you all fast every day. its called sleeping.

Personally, Intermittent faster myself. Leangains style.

:wink:

see, thats a fine form of fasting.
  • uLinx
    uLinx Posts: 148
    Options
    I'm not a fan of fasting because I know I couldn't do it properly. Still, there has been some research done to how fasting should be done in order to lose weight healthly. I listened to a very interesting podcast to this regard last week: episode 14 of the cutthefatpodcast.
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    OK so im new to this but on this fasting topic ive read alot into this "lemonade diet" or "master cleanse" i think im going to attempt this tomorrow. I want all the correct ingredients before following through cause i want results.

that will do wonders for your health...
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Yes I've fasted in the past times, but I don't do it for weightloss purpose, but for a spiritual one.:smile:

I've done this too.

I also just wanted to add that when I did these sorts of fasts, I still weighed myself and such. Because I wasn't eating, I didn't exercise either (passing out doesn't sound like a cool thing to do, lol). I did lose weight by fasting, but let me tell you I was weak and still had high body fat.

So while I recommend fasting for spiritual reasons according to my faith, I never recommend fasting for weight loss as it can easily lead to skinny fatness...

Note that I am not talking about "lean gains" or anything like that. To me that is not true fasting as the people on that diet do eat, lol. Just at different times and intervals than the rest of us are used to.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Intermittent fasting is like low-cal diet - just pattern meals by days instead of hours haha

Actually it's not. You're not using the fast to cut out calories, you eat your daily calories in the hours before you start the fast on the first day and then again on the second day when you stop your fast.

I would suggest you do a little research next time.
  • kimberley_1
    kimberley_1 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I wouldn’t say it’s unhealthy if done right....
    I watched fat sick and nearly dead last week and it was amazing you should go google it...
    Kim
    X
  • louisatanhuiying
    Options
    Actually - fasting isn't unhealthy. AT ALL. It seems that you will binge after fasting for let's say - a day, but that's not true. According to how your genes are programmed and how the 'starvation mode' in your brain works, it is scientifically proven that fasting does help to clear one's mind and in some body types, refresh oneself. Again, this really depends on your body [and your brain], so the best person to ask would be yourself - do you feel better?
  • ChrisIn757
    ChrisIn757 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I did a four hour fast after breakfast this morning. I was miserable the whole time, and didn't lose a single pound! Totally didn't work for me.

LMAO! Agreed!
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    The taste in your mouth is probably from ketosis, just sayin'.
    Or Rigor Mortis. Just sayin'.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Check this thread. This fellow did a pretty extreme one and doesn't recommend it....
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/393944-fasts-didnt-work-maybe-excercise-will
  • nanaof03
    nanaof03 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What do you drink on your "fast" day on the Eat-Stop-Eat fast?
  • kgool
    kgool Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    On the days I don't work out at 5am I don't eat breakfast. This means that I eat my last meal at around 7pm and do not eat again until noon the next day. This is a 17 hour fast and some of my filttest friends have this method as a keystone of their regiment, so I am trying it.
  • blisterpeanuts
    blisterpeanuts Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I fast rarely, for religious reasons. I fasted for 24 hours recently and it broke me through my plateau. Since then, I've gained back 3-4 lbs but that is because I've gotten lax in my eating patterns and haven't had time to exercise. Now I'm cracking down again, because T-day is just around the corner and in my family, that's a big eating day!
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    On the days I don't work out at 5am I don't eat breakfast. This means that I eat my last meal at around 7pm and do not eat again until noon the next day. This is a 17 hour fast and some of my filttest friends have this method as a keystone of their regiment, so I am trying it.

This is exactly what I've been doing for the last three weeks and it's fantastic. I HATED eating every couple hours when I wasn't hungry (or worse, getting hungry BECAUSE I was eating every couple of hours). I eat from 1pm to 8pm every day and the rest of the time, I don't. I don't count calories (which is good because I eat HORRIBLY on weekends, but only during that "feeding window") and have lost inches in my stomach and waist (down to a 26 inch waist), but have stayed the same approximate weight (126-129). I'm seldom hungry, except at around 12:30pm because I know I'll be eating soon, and have gained muscle mass in my arms and legs. My body fat % has gone down to just over 19%, which is pretty good for a woman. I really don't know how or why it works, but it does for me, so I'm not about to change it!
  • Tvstarbabe
    Options
    I wouldn’t say it’s unhealthy if done right....
    I watched fat sick and nearly dead last week and it was amazing you should go google it...
    Kim
    X

I LOVE that movie! I bought a juicer :)