Being SICK!

Options
Okay I saw the post earlier and its not here now. I have a serious question I am SICK with the flu and was wondering if I do throw up what is that doing with my calories? I AM NOT BALIMICH JUST SICK!

Replies

• AmberMarie09
    AmberMarie09 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I was the one asking the other question.. i would just leave the calories there.. better to be over what you actually ate than to be under.. good luck with other peoples responses
  • JennBrown83
    JennBrown83 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I think it's a great question!! I'm with AmberMarie09, I'd leave them there because depending on how soon after you eat that you're stomach decides to rebel some of the food might have already been digested and you don't want to inadvertently go over your calories because you delete the calories after vomitting. Honestly, bulemia never would have crossed my mind, seems to me you are just asking an honest curious question about how vomitting as a result of being sick would impact your caloric intake and weight loss goals.

If anyone does accuse you of being bulemic that's just sick and nasty, this site is supposed to be here to HELP not tear down and criticize and make people feel bad. Keep logging your calories as you eat them today and I hope you get better!!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Seriously I would not worry about logging while you are sick. But if you must, I would go ahead and log everything. If you throw it up immediately after eating then maybe not, but otherwise there's no way to tell how much of it was digested.

Really though, just focus on getting enough nutrition and taking care of yourself! And remember to drink lots of water if you are throwing up. (Fluids, I guess I should say. Anyway just don't get dehydrated.)
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I was the one asking the other question.. i would just leave the calories there.. better to be over what you actually ate than to be under.. good luck with other peoples responses
    Good gravy. I'm so sorry for what happened.
  • kagenw
    kagenw Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Just be careful about dieting when you are sick, especially with the flu. Don't worry about staying under your daily goal, but do remember to eat whole and healthy foods and drink plenty of good liquids. Get well soon!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Okay I saw the post earlier and its not here now. I have a serious question I am SICK with the flu and was wondering if I do throw up what is that doing with my calories? I AM NOT BALIMICH JUST SICK!

Don't worry about it. Just keep down what you can, get plenty of fluids and rest. Feel better.
  • AmberMarie09
    Options

its all good. if people knew my bf then they would all understand.. he is also prepared for the zombie Apocalypse.. he can be a nerd at times :)
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options

its all good. if people knew my bf then they would all understand.. he is also prepared for the zombie Apocalypse.. he can be a nerd at times :)
    It never hurts to be prepared. Although if the zombies attack, I'm just going to join them. Seems much easier.
  • seaponie
    seaponie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    you shouldn't be worried about calories at a time like this. your body needs your support right now in giving it nutrients to fix itself. Listen to your body, eat whatever it compels you to eat, don't worry about logging calories until you're well.
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
    Options

:drinker: Cheers to you! What happened on your thread was just wrong. Get well soon.
  • AmberMarie09
    Options

It never hurts to be prepared. Although if the zombies attack, I'm just going to join them. Seems much easier.

my bf has a plan about going to the water preserve place so we have clean water.. there is guy that lives a fews miles away and he has military vehicles and an RV. my bf and his friend will train our kids to kill.. while i clean and cook for everyone..

really not liking the idea of a zombie apocalypse
  • MaliaSaphire
    Options
    Thanks you guy, its a serious question and everyone gets sick I'm not sure why everyone else had to go off the deep end on Amber's post. It was a legitimate question.
  • JennBrown83
    JennBrown83 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guy, its a serious question and everyone gets sick I'm not sure why everyone else had to go off the deep end on Amber's post. It was a legitimate question.

You're welcome! Don't know what happened on the other post but glad to see people are being reasonable on your post. Hope you get better soon!!