Need to lose an inch around my waist in a week

Options
I need to lose about an inch around my waist for a fitness test (sit ups, push ups, 1.5 mile run, abdominal circumference measurement). The only part I am worried about is the waist measurement. I am currently 1/2 inch less than the allowed maximum and could use a few pointers to give myself a little breathing room.

Can anyone recommend foods to eat or avoid to make sure I pass?

Replies

• GoodIntentions
    Options
    Keep your carbs low this week, drink lots of water, and keep your sodium at a minimum...no processed foods. I think that should do the trick :smile:
  • heykatieben
    heykatieben Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I'd try limiting sugar and salt as much as possible over the next week - try a very clean diet, mostly veggies. It may help you lose a lot of water weight.
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Drink alot of water and eat alot of greens. Lettuce beans...etc. Nothing that will bloat you.
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I would watch your sodium. It makes you retain fluids and can make you bloated... other than that, I got nothing. Drink lots of water too.
  • hockeyd11
    hockeyd11 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Jililan Michaels kettlebell workout! That shaved inches off my waist in a short amount of time!
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Oh I have the answer for you! I did Tereas Tapp's workout last year and it really works to tighen and tone, you can definelty lose an inch if you the 15 minute workout every day! Here is the link: http://t-tapp.com/

There's some videos on the site under "try before you buy"
  • nanodot
    nanodot Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    When my Dad had to pass military weight tests, he would go to the sauna that morning. It's a short-term fix for emergencies.
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Avoid sodium and breads this week. Gluten inevitably makes you bloated, try going gluten free-ish for just this week.
  • lisamc03
    lisamc03 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    nvr mind
  • dailyorange
    Options
    Asparagus is a good vegetable to consume this week, it's a natural diuretic. You can also try drinking apple cider vinegar before each large meal. If you do drink ACV, you need to get the kind with the "mother" in it. I like to use Bragg's ACV. Hope that helps!
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I lost almost an inch per week off my waist doing 30 day shred. Some hard core exercise could make a difference in 1 week...
  • aimeeturner
    aimeeturner Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Avoid sugar. Eat lots of veggies.