You guys/gals playing Skyrim: How you liking it?

Options
I am freaking loving it despite the tons of bugs/problems it has on the PC.

I'm a wood elf focusing on stealth and archery. I've played about 12 hours so far and have probably done 2 main quests. Haha. There is just so much awesome stuff to do in this game.

Replies

• lalalalyndsey
    Options
    Haven't played it as of yet, but my cousin went to the midnight release last week and has been on it ever since! :P
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I have been looking into it.
    But I am not sure on it. Do you get to customize your own characters like in WoW/Rift/DA/etc? And I saw some videos from it...is it all like zoomed in first person shooter kind? or...?
  • Sepheara
    Sepheara Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I bought it as soon as it came out and the store opened. I booked over 25 hours over the weekend. To the person who claims it has bugs/problems, I havn't had 1 issue so idk what you are talking about?

There is a lot of content to explore, and the story so far has been very well written. I was surprised, and quite happy with the changes that they made to the user interface, much cleaner then in Oblivion.

I also applaud the new system for your class/leveling up. it is far more intuitive adn easy to use then in the previous elder scroll games.

It was put together very well, and exceeds all expectations that I had pre-launch <3 with a large amount of re-play-ability this is one game I'm not putting down for a long while :)
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    bump cause I'm thinking of picking it up for the xbox
  • TheLeapist
    Options
    But I am not sure on it. Do you get to customize your own characters like in WoW/Rift/DA/etc? And I saw some videos from it...is it all like zoomed in first person shooter kind? or...?
    You get to choose your race. There are 10 or so. And then you get to change virtually ever aspect of how they look. Tiny things like nose size, how far apart your eyes are, if you have an underbite, etc etc.

It is meant to be played in 1st person, but you can switch to 3rd and zoom out pretty far from your character.

@Sepheara, do you have the PC version? Just check the official forums for it and you'll see that there are TONS of issues that people are having on the PC. But like I said I still love it and it doesn't break or ruin the game for me.
  • Sepheara
    Sepheara Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    @Sepheara, do you have the PC version? Just check the official forums for it and you'll see that there are TONS of issues that people are having on the PC. But like I said I still love it and it doesn't break or ruin the game for me.

Yes, I do. I must admit i didn't check the forums, just dove stright into the game, practicly non-stop. I suppose I am lucky for having everything work so flawlessly. Hopefully they will get a lot of the issues ironed out pretty quickly ^.^
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    You get to choose your race. There are 10 or so. And then you get to change virtually ever aspect of how they look. Tiny things like nose size, how far apart your eyes are, if you have an underbite, etc etc.

It is meant to be played in 1st person, but you can switch to 3rd and zoom out pretty far from your character.

Sweet maybe i will look into it then
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I love it so far. It's flipping amazing and I haven't really run into any bugs on the 360 version yet.

I'm playing as a Nord currently focusing building up my One-Handed/Destruction mostly. I am missing it today while at work!! haha
    Options

You can play in both 1rst person or 3rd person.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Lost my fiance to it so far :sad: I'm not a gamer, but the graphics, even on "medium" are quite amazing!
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    It is glitchy, many sections of it feel low budget. The interface is just awful. The graphics - everything organic looks like its coated in a thick coat of wax (Come on, specularity/gloss isn't that hard to get right)

Motion capture is bad. Dragons look like they run on a wire.
    Companion/NPC AI is pretty awful. The horse is SUPER AWFUL. Controls are finicky wrt jumping.
    And the hand to hand combat. Nobody that has ever been in a fight punches like that. You'd be knocked out before you got that elbow wound that far back.. Seriously!

you can "Break" a lot of quests or dead end them and never turn them in. (or get rid of them as far as I can tell.)

In spite of these issues, I like it!
  • TheLeapist
    Options
    It is glitchy, many sections of it feel low budget. The interface is just awful. The graphics - everything organic looks like its coated in a thick coat of wax (Come on, specularity/gloss isn't that hard to get right)

Companion/NPC AI is pretty awful. The horse is SUPER AWFUL. Controls are finicky wrt jumping.
    And the hand to hand combat. Nobody that has ever been in a fight punches like that. You'd be knocked out before you got that elbow wound that far back.. Seriously!

you can "Break" a lot of quests or dead end them and never turn them in. (or get rid of them as far as I can tell.)

Haha the end of your post completely caught me off guard.
  • dandur
    dandur Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I like it and am about 10 hours into it. However, the "Esbern" bug got me. I think I'm gonna shelve it for a few months until the modding community can get their teeth into it and improve it like they did with Oblivion.

SW:The Old Republic is out in 4 weeks. That should keep me occupied until they do. :wink:
  • TheLeapist
    Options
    I like it and am about 10 hours into it. However, the "Esbern" bug got me. I think I'm gonna shelve it for a few months until the modding community can get their teeth into it and improve it like they did with Oblivion.

SW:The Old Republic is out in 4 weeks. That should keep me occupied until they do. :wink:
    Haha, a few months? I give it a week before Bethesda themselves patch it.
  • FatGirlSlim899
    FatGirlSlim899 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am absolutley loving it. I'm a Nord, focusing on destruction and one handed. Also trying to be as stealthy as possible, I'm the sneaky type! I've done a lot of side quests, found one bug/glitch that wouldn't let me complete a quest so far, but other than that, it's fantastic.

I agree with the person about the earlier post re. the interface. I thought I would absolutley hate it, but I don't, so much easier to navigate. I like the perk system too!

Because I've been doing side quests, I've not decided whether to join the Legion or the Stormcloaks? Hmmm!
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options

Hmm, sounds like it may be just your system. I'm playing it on my PC with graphics set to Ultra High. Things are looking just awesome.

I love the game so far, really fun. I'm a High Elf with focuses in conjuration, destruction and restoration. I'll make a screen-cap when I get home.
  • dandur
    dandur Posts: 267 Member
    Options

Haha, a few months? I give it a week before Bethesda themselves patch it.

No, by "it" I mean the whole game, not just that one bug.
    Options

Are you sure we are talking about the same game? haha I guess I have heard that there are issues with the PC version....not sure why. I have a 360 and it's running smooth and looks pretty amazing for how absolutely massive it is.
  • CampbellHendry
    CampbellHendry Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Loving it so far! Stealth / archer / one handed elf! Not joined legion or stormyhingies yet! Feeling the legion!
  • jazzdspazz
    jazzdspazz Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Jessica biel, knocked on my door, on 11/11/11 and asked me if u wanted no holds barred freak sex, I said no, I had to get through the mage guild quests first. True story this game is that good