Question about 30DS results

Options
For those of you that have finished the 30DS, when did you start noticing results? I'm on day 13 (day 3 of level 2) and busting my butt everyday with this woman. My calories are almost always under (more often than not) and I drink a ton of water. However, at this point I have no noticable results. I gained 3 pounds the first week which I then lost plus a bonus pound, so I'm only down 1 pound in 13 days. My clothes do not fit any better/bigger/baggier than they did before. I have friends here that are on day 5 and seeing results, I'm starting to get discouraged. I'm planning on sticking with it and finishing, but someone please tell me that you lose all those inches in the last week or so. I've seen the results some of you have, they're amazing and what made me decide to start this, but I'm bummed I'm not having any luck with it. Anyone else not get results with this? Or not get them till the end?

Replies

• wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I lost about 11 inches total, this was over the coarse of 2.5 months. I started noticing results around day 4. Maybe you should try measuring. Or maybe your not eating enough. It sounds like you are doing pretty good. But whatever you do don't stop! Keep moving and I promis it'll pay off:flowerforyou:
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I started it and then fell off the boat.
    I agree though, inches. I noticed it in inches a lot. I am back on it again and only on day 7, but I have noticed in my abdomen, especially when we are doing the crunches with the legs, I have noticed that has gone down, that little pouch.
  • Shannon_Nicole83
    Shannon_Nicole83 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Day 4?! Ugh...that's exactly what I mean! What am I doing wrong? I did take measurements the day I started, I took them again today just for the heck of it and now wish I hadn't. Nothing has changed. I'm usually only under my calories by 100 or so, I try to stay as close as possible.
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Don't focus on pounds where 30ds is concerned. You're going to lose a lot more inches than pounds, I can promise you that. If you aren't eating your exercise cals back, start doing that. I lost more eating them back than when I didn't... ESPECIALLY where Jillian was concerned. And make sure a lot of those cals come from protein... that might help too. :) Good luck!! :)
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! Keep going I know it's hard when you see no progress, but don't stop!
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    On my third time. First two times mostly noticed that I felt stronger. This time I am fitter and doing much better at it. Not losing a lot just a little, but I think my body is getting better shape and firming up. I am on level 2 day 3. don't stop its worth doing for a stronger better you.
  • klynn22091
    klynn22091 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    eat your exercise calories, if your net is 1200 then you probably arent eating enough...i plan on starting this tomorrow ill let you know if i see results :smile:
  • Shannon_Nicole83
    Options
    Bump...anyone else?
  • SwingMamma
    SwingMamma Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi I just finished my first round and like you didn't seem to notice much change...at first. I gained 3 lbs initially and then I lost those about week 2 then nothing. Finally, I stopped weighing myself (because I was getting discouraged). I just focused on the fact that I felt stronger and could do the moves a little better each day. Then I was shopping in my MIL's closet and noticed that I was looking better especially in the stomach and butt areas. I ended up jumping on the scale and was shocked to see I had lost 6lbs. It seemed to happen all at once for me and in the second half of the shred. I have to measure yet but I do notice a difference now. And my husband says my butt looks higher, lol!

Just keep pushing thru and don't give up. Focus on how you feel not the scale or even the tape measure. I have to remind myself that I'm doing this to feel good and be healthy. Losing weight is just a the bonus that comes along with that lifestyle :)
  • Texas501
    Texas501 Posts: 274
    Options
    Supposedly you need to take days off when doing 30 day shred according to Jillian herself.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/395495-jillian-says-not-to-do-30-day-shred-everyday
  • hlor0729
    hlor0729 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Bigplay691
    Bigplay691 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    so how exactly do you know what to log 30DS into exercise diary. It isnt obviously in the diary database but I would like to keep it in the log for calorie count as well as exercise routine.
  • JamesBurkes
    JamesBurkes Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Supposedly you need to take days off when doing 30 day shred according to Jillian herself.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/395495-jillian-says-not-to-do-30-day-shred-everyday

The question about how often to do 30DS gets asked so often, this link should really be made into a sticky.
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I gained a few pounds within the first couple days of starting, and didn't lose it or really notice results until around week 3. I still didn't see clear results when I looked in the mirror, but my clothes were looser, and I could tell I was stronger. The biggest difference was feeling my stomach and legs get firmer, which isn't really illustrated by inches or weight lost. I think I was pretty flabby to start with, so expecting huge results within a couple weeks was extreme, but I do notice a difference. It's worth it if you stick to it!

Overall, I only lost about 5 pounds, but I lost more inches in the month doing 30 ds than I did in about the 4 months previous using this site without that type of constant exercise.
  • Shannon_Nicole83
    Options
    Thanks SwingMamma & OlyRose! I'm going to stop focusing on the scale and just go with how I feel. And I feel good. I was just bummed that 2 weeks into I've got nothing, and some people start seeing results within days. I'll stick it out, and if I lose weight/inches-awesome. But in the meantime I'm getting healthy :)