Favorite Quote

Options
2»

Replies

• avarielle1215
    avarielle1215 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Ha...I made a whole tumblr to keep track of quotes i love! (http://www.quotemeal.tumblr.com)

I still have LOTS of quotes to make images for and add though. One of my favorites that I have not yet added is:
    "Only to the extent that we expose ourselves over and over to annihilation can that which is indestructible in us be found. ~ Pema Chodron"
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    If nothing ever changes you will always get the same results.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o98q4AufIl8&feature=related

Elwood P. Dowd from the Movie Harvey

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, "In this world, Elwood, you must be" - she always called me Elwood - "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me. "
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    "The light shines on a dog's *kitten* every once in a while", my Grandfather (he got it somewhere I'm sure).
  • ldalbello
    ldalbello Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    If you do what you did you will get what you got !
  • kbonamour
    kbonamour Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    "When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence." ~ Ansel Adams ~

I'm a photographer, and this is the most beautiful quote to me.
  • nkswans
    nkswans Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    “For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.” ― Audrey Hepburn
  • cclaborn22
    Options
    I have the world's longest favorite quote...but it is a good one.

The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life.

Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home.

The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude... I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.

And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes. - Charles Swindoll

What's your favorite quote?

This is a great topic! I love having quotes, especially on my motivation board. Here are a couple of mine:

“Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.”
    --Albert Einstein

"Do not wear yourself out to get rich; have the wisdom to show restraint."
    --Proverbs 23:4

"Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others are often stiffened."
    --Billy Graham
  • Spearo
    Spearo Posts: 47
    Options
    "Faith is the bird that feels the light yet sings while the dawn is still dark." ~Rabindranath Tagore

One of my favourite poets, along with Hafez.

"If you don't plan to be healthy, plan to be unhealthy"
    -me.

Cheers :)
  • Lets_get_going
    Lets_get_going Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    "Every time you wish something, keep your eyes wide open, focus and know exactly what you want. No one hits the target with eyes closed." - Paulo Coelho
  • TheLeapist
    Options
    "War isn't about dying for your country. It's about making the other guy die for his." -Some General Whose Name Escapes Me
  • mindfulmunching
    mindfulmunching Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    "I'm not addicted to cocaine, I just like the way it smells" - Richard Pryor

My fave quote too LOL
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    This is my all time favorite and is what I have on my profile.

"The race is not given to the swift nor the strong but he who endures until the end"
  • brandeejean
    brandeejean Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    "There is no shortcut to anywhere worth going." - Beverly Sills

"Life is what we make it. Always has been. Always will be." -Grandma Moses

"If you don't take care of your body where will you live?" (not sure it's a quote, but it's worth pondering)
  • Purpleflipflops
    Purpleflipflops Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and exploring new things, for we are curious, and our curiosity leads us down new paths"

It is a Walt Disney Quote... I like it enough to have "keep moving forward" tattooed to my foot.