Mother I'd Like to...

Options

Replies

• maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    It was confusing in the article that they kept referring to her as David, I kept thinking it was a man sending the pics to the 16 year pld boy!

I feel bad for her son, poor kid.

thank you! i'm glad i'm not the only one who wanted to red pen that article. bad writing.

i feel sorry for the kid of the woman who sent the pics. he's the one who's got the short end here. but i agree with those who are wondering how this got out. he's 16, and she's kind of a MILF. i'm not saying it was right, he's a minor and sex laws in TX are strict, it was illegal, i'm not arguing that. i'm wondering why a 16yo boy told the cops that he got nudie pics. that's... unusual.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    WTF?? I wonder how it got 'found out' ... I mean, no boy in his right mind would ever say, "OMG, mom, I'm being sent naked pictures and I feel so violated!"

If it was from his girlfriend, for sure. But his friend's mom? He was probably freaked out by it. It's all fun and games until someone sexts some private bits.

They were having sexual text and email exchanges. I don't think he was bothered by it in the least. I'm going to bet he was showing them around school... Because men will admit that getting naked pics of your friend's hot mom is a huge win.

Here is the theme song for the guy receiving the pictures:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiMuWKciHlM
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Im sure the kid passed around the pics at school and thats how she got burned. Frankly, I don't see the big deal. Hardly worth charging the woman. It's not like she tied him up and rode his face like a mechanical bull.

I am just curious - would you feel the same way if it was a 37 year old man sending the pictures to his 16 year old daughter's friend?
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Every guy reads a story like this and says "Way to get the hot mom pics" but if it was reverse...if it was a 37 yr old man sending pics of his junk to his daughter's 16 yr old friend, how would y'all feel about that?
  • WarriorMom2012
    Options
    Im sure the kid passed around the pics at school and thats how she got burned. Frankly, I don't see the big deal. Hardly worth charging the woman. It's not like she tied him up and rode his face like a mechanical bull.

I am just curious - would you feel the same way if it was a 37 year old man sending the pictures to his 16 year old daughter's friend?

LOL, you beat me to it.
  • sara709
    sara709 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    WTF?? I wonder how it got 'found out' ... I mean, no boy in his right mind would ever say, "OMG, mom, I'm being sent naked pictures and I feel so violated!"

If it was from his girlfriend, for sure. But his friend's mom? He was probably freaked out by it. It's all fun and games until someone sexts some private bits.

Maybe she was his gf. People are crazy..
  • maab_connor
    Options

i would. 16 is the age of consent in most of the US as far as i know - it's the age of consent in all of the UK and most of Europe. laws reflect that most 16yos are sexual creatures. it was illegal where she was, so she shouldn't have done it. and if a teen is given a pic like that and it makes them uncomfortable, then it's a good time for the parents to teach them how to say "i don't want that attention from you".

nm - that would necessitate parents being willing to TALK about sex to their kids and have a rational, adult conversation about it and not freak that the kid is no longer a child.
  • WarriorMom2012
    Options
    My daughter is 17 and we've talked about all aspects of sex as well as self love and tools to use. I told her I would buy her her first toy. I figure it's better to have her love herself that to have pubescent boys loving her!!
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options

Nope, thats completely different. IMHO almost ANY 16 yr old boy could EASILY defend himself from almost any female would be attacker forcing herself on him. The same could not be said if the roles were reversed. Calling him a victim is ridiculous! And if you knew my childhood story you'd know full well I'm more than qualified to say so.

I agree those who think the woman's son is the actual victim here. That kid is going to need therapy.
  • maab_connor
    Options
    My daughter is 17 and we've talked about all aspects of sex as well as self love and tools to use. I told her I would buy her her first toy. I figure it's better to have her love herself that to have pubescent boys loving her!!

this is why i love you.
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options

Nope, thats completely different. IMHO almost ANY 16 yr old boy could EASILY defend himself from almost any female would be attacker forcing herself on him. The same could not be said if the roles were reversed. Calling him a victim is ridiculous! And if you knew my childhood story you'd know full well I'm more than qualified to say so.

I agree those who think the woman's son is the actual victim here. That kid is going to need therapy.

Thanks for the insight. I have had this discussion with my husband regarding similar stories and he usually tells me it is just different.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I don't know that I'd consider the kid receiving the pics as a 'victim'. Sounds like he was engaged in the sexting, too. However, SHE is the adult, and should have exercised better judgement. How embarrassing for her own son.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options

Exactly.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options

i would. 16 is the age of consent in most of the US as far as i know - it's the age of consent in all of the UK and most of Europe. laws reflect that most 16yos are sexual creatures. it was illegal where she was, so she shouldn't have done it. and if a teen is given a pic like that and it makes them uncomfortable, then it's a good time for the parents to teach them how to say "i don't want that attention from you".

nm - that would necessitate parents being willing to TALK about sex to their kids and have a rational, adult conversation about it and not freak that the kid is no longer a child.

Nope. Not in Texas, it is not. The age of consent varies, as there is a 3-year difference ruling. Sadly, I know of this for personal reasons... So, if the mom (or dad) who was 36 was to have intercourse with their 16 year olds friends, they would go to jail, as they are well over the 3-year age difference for a minor.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options

Although we're usually on the same page, I have to disagree with you. I think some things are better left to discover without the help of a parent. I'm all for teaching them about safe sex, birds and the bees kinda stuff, but I'd rather my wife didn't buy my daughters vibrators.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Consent is consent in my book.. even consenting 16yos. If my daughter, who is 15 now, were engaging in sexting with an adult man, well, I'd put a stop to it, but I wouldn't consider her a victim. I was a horny 16yo myself once...

Obviously it's poor judgement on the adult's part, but that doesn't make them a sexual predator.
  • cjwalker1992
    Options
    I don't know who got the worse end of the stick the mother sending pics to her kids friends, or the kid who has a mother that sends pictures to his friends. Well when you think about the kid is probably about to get reallllly popular lol
  • WarriorMom2012
    Options

Although we're usually on the same page, I have to disagree with you. I think some things are better left to discover without the help of a parent. I'm all for teaching them about safe sex, birds and the bees kinda stuff, but I'd rather my wife didn't buy my daughters vibrators.

It was only recently that my daughter learned that oral without protection could cause disease. We don't think of everything to discuss with them. Sometimes it's too late. So we had the *kitten* discussion. I felt it better for her to safely explore her sexuality in the safety of her own bedroom as opposed to some high school party. As to buying her her toys...that's why my husband doesn't know. Some things should be mother/daughter experiences.
  • WarriorMom2012
    Options
    I don't know who got the worse end of the stick the mother sending pics to her kids friends, or the kid who has a mother that sends pictures to his friends. Well when you think about the kid is probably about to get reallllly popular lol

If you looked at her pics, except for the crazy eyes, she's pretty hot so I doubt the 16 yr old friend was objecting too loudly. It's the son I truly feel sorry for!!
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Is the son's name Stacy, bu the way??
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZLfasMPOU4&ob=av3e