Confused

Options
Before starting MFP I lost 13 pounds on my own just by working out and watching what I eat. I was not counting calories or anything like that, I just made sure I didn't overeat or didn't overdo the junk food. Since starting MFP I've lost 5 pounds, my weight seems to fluctuate between 121-123 I just cannot seem to get past 121. I workout 6 days a week burning anywhere from 200-600+ calories, I am currently eating 1200 calories a day. I will eat back my workout calories ONLY if I am hungry, I don't force myself to eat them back if I am not hungry. I guess it just seems like I was doing better on my own not tracking calories. Any thoughts?

Replies

• azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    not sure of your height or bone structure...possibly your already at your ideal weight and your body doesnt want to lose anymore. or maybe your gaining muscle....
  • jaabee11
    jaabee11 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    plateau time, keep at it , it will move again. It prob would have happened even if you didn't start on MFP. Your body just slows down every now and again. Great job.
  • nellie_88
    nellie_88 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Sorry... I'm 5'6" small frame.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Less than 120 on a 5'6" frame is going to be pretty thin. You'll likely have to work a lot harder to get those last few off. Or just wait longer as it will probably come off more slowly at this point.
  • jjbr1917
    jjbr1917 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    its sounds like your body could be at it's Ideal weight. The previous person mentioned Muscle gain and that sounds like the reason you are maintaining.
  • PennyS44
    PennyS44 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    At 5"6" you are already below the recommended weight. You don't want to be a skeleton!!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options

5'6" , 120lbs is a healthy ideal weight. Your body is probably trying to tell you that. If you're looking to tone up more...switch to maintenance calories and pump iron
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    When you are super close to an ideal weight you have to feed your body all its daily calories needs, with only a very small deficit, in order for it to give up the last bit of fat it's saving.

I had to make myself eat every calorie and every exercise calorie I was allowed and then I was able to lose those last few lbs. That's just what worked for me I hope you find what works for you.
  • nellie_88
    nellie_88 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the info... I will try eating more to see if that works, I am working hard at the toning part as well :happy:
  • StephTheOreo
    Options
    ive had the same issue before- have you tried circuit training instead of your regular workout? alot of times the body hits a plateau and it just needs something new to kick start it all over again :)