Smoothie Recipes

Options
13»

Replies

• aymie24
    aymie24 Posts: 227
    Options
    Yes, I checked out Localharvest.org. It was the first link when I did my google search. I am going to do more research and find out what exactly I will get with my subscription and make sure it will provide the produce I need and use most. But I am definitely interested in getting involved, this seems like the way to go. I may still go to the farmers market though, I just like going....lol!

We still go to our farmer's market too, my kids love going and ours is in our tiny downtown area so we just stroll around after our shopping.

Also, several of the CSA's in my area offer pick up at the farmer's market, which is what we do and I love it!
  • iLose2Gain
    iLose2Gain Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Oh, pick up at the farmers market would be great. I think I did read that you could do that on the website. Great info! :bigsmile:
  • buckeyelvr
    Options
    these sound so yummy! i make smoothies every morning for work. this is what i usually use

1 cup dannon non-fat yogurt
    1-2 cups fruit--
    honey
    ice
    and blend---it usually serves me and my daughter.

my current fav combo is pineapple and cantaloupe---IT IS SO REFRESHING:heart:

other yummy combo---strawberry banana, blueberry strawberry.

blackberry and raspberry are great together or on their own----but they both have TONS of tiny seeds.:ohwell:

How much honey?

sorry about the delay---it is usually about 1 tablespoon--that is 60 calories, so i try not to get carried away w/ the honey.
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I found a frozen product called yoplait triple berry smoothie at the store. It's yummy! Not too many calories or carbs. You could add stuff.
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    BUMP
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    Here's my smoothie recipe. I entered this one in a smoothie-making contest :-p :

1 banana
    1 container of Yoplait Light Peach (with real peaches!)
    OJ*
    Peach Juice*
    Ice*

*You can add however much you want of these. It's reallllllly good!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    We had a smoothie party for my son's friends when they were in high school. Several brought blenders & we had lots of fruits & yogurts to play with. It was really fun & they even cleaned up their mess...& I don't think anyone spiked their smoothie! :bigsmile:
    what a success
  • debbiernbsn
    Options
    Bump.
  • csingleton24
    csingleton24 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Aloha! I got this one from the Taste of Home Smoothie book. It's great during summer and the kids love it! I like it 'cause it's easy to make with very little ingredients.

Watermelon Smoothie

6 cups coarsely chopped seedless watermelon
    1 cup lemon sherbet
    12 ice cubes

Place half of the watermelon in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Add half the sherbet and ice; cover and process until smooth. Repeat. Serve immediately in chilled glasses. YIELD: 6 servings

serving size: 1 cup
    calories: 83
    trace saturated fat: 1g
    cholesterol: 1mg
    sodium: 15mg
    carbohydrate: 18g
    fiber: 1g
    protein: 1g
    Diabetic Exchange: 1 fruit
  • CandaceW
    CandaceW Posts: 73
    Options
    :drinker: bump
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    bump
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: i just made my first smoothie for me with real nutrition in mind! thanks for the inspiration!

Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
    1 cup 2% milk
    1 T natural creamy peanut butter
    1 frozen banana, cut in chunks
    1 ice cube

327 cals. very yummy!
    I entered it in the database with full nutrition info from "calorie count recipe analyzer" site. Called Homemade-Peanut butter banana smoothie--staceyw--if you want to find the info and use it for yourself.

Thanks again for all the great ideas--so many to try! :drinker: