Alcohol

Options
Im looking to cut back on alcohol. It is probably the biggest thing keeping me from losing weight. It might be good to get a support system going if anyone else is interested.

Replies

• Cr0wned_Dynam0
    Options
    Well how often do you drink?
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I think that there is a group so you may want to do a topic search. Good luck!
  • Sallycinnimon
    Sallycinnimon Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I don't drink much. I'm scared my son will get grab my cup. By the time he goes to bed, I'm read for bed myself.
  • gobamagrl
    gobamagrl Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I tried to "Cut" my alcohol level down....and now I've quit drinking altogether....I've gone 51 days with no alcohol....it's made it easier to make healthier choices.....I used to coordinate my drink with my food...if that makes sense...Beer......and hot wings.....or nachos........Margarita with Mexican cheese dip, and tacos.......wine with chicken alfredo.......and my FAV.....Sake with sushi!
    I will tell you that I do not really miss it.....I spend less money, make better choices, and never have hangovers anymore! =D
    Feel free to add me, if you'd like!
  • caroln3
    caroln3 Posts: 217
    Options
    I realize alcohol has way too many calories and I would rather eat food.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I know I should really stop, but after not drinking while pregnant or breast feeding (5 years in total), I love it too much to stop again so soon.
  • janna674
    janna674 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    i love wine and beer...i cut down consiferably last fall but got right back into it this summer..i like to have a few when i get home to wind down..I just this week stopped buying anything so its not in the house...i am only going to get some wine on the weekends now...add me too if you want!
  • judyw51
    Options
    Im looking to cut back on alcohol. It is probably the biggest thing keeping me from losing weight. It might be good to get a support system going if anyone else is interested.
    [/quote

Wow looks like your really close to your goal weight you have done Awesome!! Congratulations!! Going on the wagon might just be what ya need to do to get the extra few pounds left that you have.

I quit drinking a year a go and I drop 30lbs pretty darn quick. I am at a total of 60 lbs none and feel great don't miss the alcohol at all.

Good luck
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I'm currently pregnant, so it's been quite a while since I last had a drink. But after my oldest baby was was about 7 months old I made a point not to have alcohol in the house for myself. Before I'd gotten pregnant with her I drank quite a lot and after she was born I fell back into the same habit. It was only after I realized I was looking forward to my evening drink after she went to bed a little too much and was overly stressed out over nothing that I gave it up at home. I haven't missed it a bit. When I'm not pregnant I'll enjoy a fancy drink or two when I'm out at a restaurant, but that's it. I've found other ways to help me relax and I know I'm much healthier without the alcohol.
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    Ive created a forum for support if anyone is interested....pm me