Want to lose weight, keep your mouth shut.

Options

Replies

• vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Interesting but it definitely isn't a one size fits all. If I friended someone on Facebook or even here and they gave me a hard time, well they aren't what I need in my life :)
  • janeyloveslife
    janeyloveslife Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I think this would largely depend on the types of people you have in your life. It's sad that some people can be so negative, but surely with someone who is clearly not in the healthy weight range most people would be supportive. I always say however that diet is a four letter word, and have always referred to it as eating healthy, and changing my lifestyle.
  • janeyloveslife
    janeyloveslife Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Interesting but it definitely isn't a one size fits all. If I friended someone on Facebook or even here and they gave me a hard time, well they aren't what I need in my life :)

Totally agreee! :)
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I think that's very true. I never tell anyone when I am losing weight, and even when people ask now I keep quiet or change the subject. I find it amazing people think weight is something that it is ok to comment on.
    I also agree about friends drifting off once you are no longer the fat one.
  • inthebetween
    Options
    as bad as it sounds, it's so rewarding when someone notices you're thinner without you saying a thing.
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I like that actually. :happy:
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Truth. I don't try to hide it but I don't broadcast it either.