What health problems/medications did you get rid of since lo

Options
Hey there guys,
Thanks for being a constant inspiration! I am just curious to see what sort of health problems have you gotten rid off since you've changed your lfiestyle and what medications have you gone off of?

Replies

• debloves2ride
    Options
    Blood pressure lowered and joint pain dissipated somewhat. Now that I have put weight back on it is all coming back, it is my incentive to get it gone again!
  • davidlbass
    davidlbass Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Got off of my cholesterol medicine, and my borderline high blood pressure was 106/67 this morning!!!! Less snoring as in almost never. The snoring was probably the worst part overall. It was causing me to not get a good night's sleep at night which affected everything. I was grumpy, stressed out and falling to sleep at my desk. I'm feeling so much better now and much more tolerant around people.
  • bllowry
    bllowry Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Blood pressure meds cut in half , taken off Metformin and had the Victoza reduced by a third. I expect to come off all meds at the end of the month when I have my blood work done again.
  • elemstuck
    Options
    I was taken completely off of cholesterol medication.
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Fortunately, I don't have anything that requires me to take meds, but I do notice less hip/knee joint pain, which was definitely one of the reasons I knew I needed to take the weight off. On the downside, my big toe (arthritis) hurts more now due to all the exercising! Lunges are a killer on it! It's worth it, though. :happy:
  • raggedyanne5
    raggedyanne5 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Sleep apnea...gone
    Incontinence...gone
    Pre diabetic...gone
    Pre hypertension...gone
    Cholesterol down 40 points
    And the doctor is actually happy to see me now!
  • numberscolors
    Options
    For me, losing weight in and of itself didn't change anything in regards to my health. On the other hand, feeding myself properly, exercising regularly, and developing a healthy attitude about my body has done wonders for my self esteem and mental health. I no longer suffer from depression and debilitating anxiety, and I haven't engaged in any disordered eating a long time.
  • premiumchilenita
    premiumchilenita Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I'm still quite early in my weigh loss journey, but I want to be able to have better control of my asthma, if not get rid of it completely, that would be great, I do notice I am using it less and less
  • missay_
    Options
    Off any anti-depressants i was on : ) working out 3-4 times a week, plus fish oil and Vitamin D has changed everything!! : )
  • numberscolors
    Options
    Off any anti-depressants i was on : ) working out 3-4 times a week, plus fish oil and Vitamin D has changed everything!! : )

me too!! that's so awesome to hear!
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I smoked 2 packs a day for 30 years and quit 7 months ago. I had 3 years of "decreased lung function consistent with early emphysema" from my annual pulmonology test. This year, there is little evidence that I ever smoked, and the pulmonologist said with continued cardio training, even that would go away in a year or two.

I also had decreased range of motion in my right hip. Doc did xrays and all, and couldn't find any reason for it, so I decided it would "go or blow". At least if I totally crippled myself, they might see what was causing it. I couldn't do more than 2 lunges without just crying. Kept stretching and working, and I can do jump lunges for 45 seconds now with good form.

I LOVE MY NEW LIFE!
  • helen0241
    Options
    I have lost 68 lbs sence March 2011. I am off bp and biabetes meds and have lowered chol meds. I feel great and my Dr, is happy because I am doing it the right way .Have a long way to go but I will make it.
  • jenalderman
    jenalderman Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I am completely off both my blood pressure and cholesterol meds. Also, I was having tachycardia episodes and a constant irregular heartbeat. My cardiologist says that I now have the heart of a well conditioned athlete!! I love my fitness pal! It doesn't matter that I started exercising to get more food :happy: all that matter is that I started and it is changing both my body and my life!
  • ms78
    ms78 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I've only been running and eating well a couple of months but my (very painful) monthly cramps are less than half as bad as they were before.
  • sorryteacups
    Options
    No medications, but I am hardly ever lethargic and my back pain and knee/joint pain is almost non-existent now. I felt ridiculous for having such horrible back pain at such a young age and I am so happy for it to be gone for the most part.
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I've gotten rid of 2 meds for Blood Sugar, and just today had my Cholestorol dose cut in half! Blood Pressure is now 130/80.
    This marks improvement in all 3 medical conditions of my Metabolic Syndrome. I hope to get off all of them by next year!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!