What do y'all eat for breakfast?

Options
2»

Replies

• taveragirl
    Options
    I usually have a small breakfast with a snack 2-3 hours later. My lunch's are usually more filling because its the only way I'll get through the afternoon! :tongue: Another snack then a sensible dinner and I've gotten through the day feeling full and satisfied. All staying within 1200-1400 cals.

:heart: Oh my fav breakfast when craving something fatty and sweet is 1-2 Whole Grain Low Fat Eggo Waffles w/ "butter" spray (non cal) and either Smuckers low sugar preserves OR 2 tbls of WHIPPED CREAM!!! YUM! YUM!:heart: (But shhh it has very little cals, almost no fat, low sugar and extreamly satisfying!!! shhh!):laugh:

I have been having either Quaker Weight Smart Oatmeal or All Bran-Bran Buds (both w/ non fat milk or soy), a small egg white omelet with veggies and low fat cheese, GNC Lean Shake, or low fat cottage cheese with fruit and real OJ.

My snacks usually consist of 2 of the following twice a day: Danon Danactive Light Probiotic drink, Quaker granola bars (w/ less sugar), baby carrots, dried apricots, RyCrisp rye crackers, sergento 2% string cheese, lowfat/nonfat cottage cheese, sugar free Jello, or Ritz 100 cal Snack Mix....
  • Tamrahan
    Tamrahan Posts: 29
    Options
    Yesterday I had 1/2 c egg beaters omelet with onion and green pepper sauteed in canola oil with 1 wedge of lauphing cow cheese-(sometimes I wrap this in a whole wheat tortilla for a breakfast burrito)
    And I had a 1/2c rolled oats with cinnamon. Very filling breakfast for low calories.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    this morning I had a pack of Original Oatmeal and a Protein Shake on the side- yummy
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Pancakes don't have to be unhealthy!!

Here's a link to a recipe I posted for pancakes when I first came to MFP. :smile:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/33830-oatmeal-wheat-banana-pancakes

I actually had pancakes this morning- made with banana, Bisquick heart healthy baking mix and quick oats- very delicious!

During the work week I eat a South Beach Living cinnamon raisin protein bar and a big apple for breakfast. On the weekends I make the pancakes, or omelets with eggbeaters and filled with whatever I'm in the mood for (onions, mushrooms & low fat swiss, or low fat/fat free mozzarella or cheddar most times) and I also cook bacon (center cut - only 2 slices which is 50 calories & 4g fat) Sometimes I'll fry up a ham steak for all of us to share. Sometimes I make muffin sandwiches (light English muffins with thin sliced regular or lowfat cheese, either bacon, ham or sometimes turkey sausage and eggbeaters) & sometimes I'll make "hash browns" - tiny diced potatoes fried with just a bit of cooking spray. If you cover the pot, the potatoes get soft and when you flip them they stick together - the cooking spray is just enough to keep them brown and crunchy on the outside layer. Adding onion or green pepper to the potatoes is yummy too!
    Another yummy idea is taking any of the above ingredients (bacon, sausage, ham, eggs, potatoes, cheeses, veggies) and wrapping them into a flour tortilla to make a breakfast burrito. I have a favorite kind that is 173 calories with 5g fiber and no fat- top off with a little Frank's red-hot sauce before rolling up and YUMMY! :tongue:
  • Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I just had Kashi Go Lean Blueberry waffles with some blueberries and strawberries with a drizzle of Cary's sugar Free syrup and a cup of oj. Sometimes I eat Special "K" cereal''s or granola and yogurt, Egg white sandwich with veggies on whole wheat sandwich thins, or whole wheat bagel with cream cheese, oatmeal or a protein shake. It depends what I'm in the mood for.
  • Rachael
    Rachael Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I wish I could eat a bigger breakfast, but it has always been extremely difficult for me. The thought of eating anything that early makes me feel ill, but lately I have managed to eat one piece of whole wheat bread with a bit of peanut butter and honey on it before I go to work.
    It isn't until I have been awake for about three hours that I start to feel a bit hungry, usually around 9 or 10am.

I'm kind of like you. I'm up around 5:30 each morning, but I don't eat until I get to work - around 8:30. I don't really eat a traditional breakfast - I kind of eat all morning until lunch. It seems to work for me.

First I have fat-free yogurt, about 1 hour later I'll have a packet of oatmeal, around 11:00 I'll have a slice of toast w/pb or melba toast and a baby bel. Then I eat lunch around noon or 1pm. I just kinda graze (healthfully :-) all morning... It ends up being about 350 cals, I think...
  • lilmissnicole
    Options
    Ohmygoodness!!
    Thank you so much for all these healthy-and yummy:wink: -breakfast ideas!!
    Ahh, I'm kinda bummed I didn't read these before eating breakfast this morning haha. :tongue:
    Thanks everyone! :heart:
  • christineluksis
    Options
    I always go through breakfast phases that last for about half a year... in the past it's been egg whites & rye toast, oatmeal with pumpkin puree and blueberries - go to oprah's site for the recipe, raisin bran with skim milk, but lately i've been following the blood type diet which tells me i'm not supposed to eat wheat, so i've developed quite the elaborate cereal combination. I'm gonna warn you that it looks absolutely disgusting but tastes delicious!

1/4 c Nature's Path Spelt Flakes
    1/4 c Natures Path Crispy Rice
    1/4 c Nature's Path Acai Granola
    1 container (100g) fat free vanilla activia - containers in canada are smaller than american containers
    I scoop greens powder
    3/8 tsp cinnamon (Dr. Oz says you should eat this much cinnamon every day)
    20 blueberries.

Basically the greens powder turns everything green and makes it look like a science project - but the cinnamon masks the flavour of it so it tastes really good! It also gives me lots of energy for the day. I also drink 500 ml of warm lemon water first thing, followed by an ounce of pure cranberry juice.
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Half a whole wheat bagel with 1 Tbs cashew nut butter and a banana.
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I have a protein shake for breakfast most days.
  • Mmarcos
    Mmarcos Posts: 31
    Options
    usually it's scrambled eggs - 1 whole 2 whites, with a cup of coleslaw or cabbage thrown in and some lean Canadian bacon.

or piece of toast or kashi waffle slathered with natural pb and 1/2 sliced banana

or pb, chocolate whey, oatmeal
  • lilmissnicole
    Options
    mmm those sound yum! :love:
    christineluksis, that sounds so interesting, i have to try it haha. thanks! :happy:
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    usually quaker high fiber cinnamon oatmeal (1 packet) made with water
    sometimes add 1/8 cup raisins, sometimes 1/2 cup milk to drink, sometimes 1/8 walnuts, sometimes an extra 1/8 cup oatmeal
  • joeysmuse
    joeysmuse Posts: 87
    Options
    My Husband and I eat 1/2 a cantaloupe or a full grapefruit and a piece of Whole wheat bread that is low in carbs. We don't toast it becuase we opt out of butter (yes we are a family that LOVES butter) and a glass of fat free milk. My Son usually has the same but on the weekend I make him pancakes. SOmetimes, like today, I only made enough pancke mix for him and a little more and had a few small pancakes for myself with peanut butter.
  • lilmissnicole
    Options
    Thanks for all these great ideas everyone!!
    I love the idea of pancakes with peanut butter, much better than syrup and I happen to be a peanut butter addicttt. :heart: :happy: