Quitting vegetarianism

Options
2»

Replies

• Farmbabe
    Farmbabe Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    As a hog farmer, I'm thrilled to see someone who wants to eat meat! Yeah!! All of these animals are on this planet to be eaten. And please don't feel pressured to buy organic. 97% of the countries farms are family owned and we do care how we raise our animals. We aren't filling them full of hormones for fun...as some would lead you to believe. We raise our animals with great care!! It's something I take very seriously.

I highly recommend pork loin as a lean option. You can grill it with veggies and have a very tasty meal for few calories.

You probably don't want to start with bacon!

Good luck!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I'd celebrate with a big-*kitten* cheeseburger and wash it down with a nice 16oz T-Bone.

After that's out of the way, resume your quest for lean proteins :)
  • 1smemae94
    1smemae94 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Hi, I don't eat meat but i just wanted to say to make sure your food is cooked to the proper temperature so you don't get sick. Best of luck.
  • Iamacuban
    Options
    I read the majority of all the comments and probably wouldnt be on this site if I had eaten as well as all of you vegetarians, but I must say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE meat. It is awesome. i can't imagine my life without it. Just do it in moderation. I love steak, but only eat it about once a month. I shoot for sirloin, since it's the leanest cut. Stay away from Ribeye, it's the worst- very fatty and marbly. It will make you sick. don't forget pork loins and boneless pork chops. Pork is the other white meat. And yes, chicken, chicken, chicken. Oh yeah- venison is VERY lean- i'm from GA, and we eat deer meat all the time. It is yummy. Enjoy!
  • samb
    samb Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Feel free to PM me! I was a vegetarian for 4 years up until about 6 months ago. Now I eat "primal/paleo" for the most part. It was a huge change for me, but in such a good way now. It was tough in the beginning I admit!
  • erinmac0211
    erinmac0211 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Skinless, grilled chicken is what I would do!
    I myself was a vegetarian for about 2 years but I was severely lacking on the protein department and suffering from anorexia nervosa (which was partly why i went veg). When I first added meat back, I got sick but not throw-up sick. Severe stomach pains. But I have an abnormally strong stomach so you may get throw-up sick if you eat too much too soon! I would try adding a serving of meat to one meal per day for a week or 2 then slowly add it to another then another meal a few weeks later.
    I eat loads of grilled chicken now, it's my favorite! I add different spices and use a lot of different recipes.
    I don't eat red meat, it's grossed me out ever since I was a child (I ate carrots and potatoes and broccoli for the first 6 years of my life lol I despised all other foods).
    Always go for the lean cuts though and have fun with cooking!
    Hope I helped :)
  • erinmac0211
    erinmac0211 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'd celebrate with a big-*kitten* cheeseburger and wash it down with a nice 16oz T-Bone.

After that's out of the way, resume your quest for lean proteins :)

Your comments always make me laugh ahahaha :)
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I tried being a vegetarian and I found that for me personally, my nutritional needs were not being met. It was a good intention, but I'm back full force eating meat. The only dairy I eat is whey isolates; protein shakes. I also love Greek yogurt and feta cheese. If I pick dairy, it's going to have to have high protein and low fat. I still love that SILK milk because its NON-GMO. I admire people that can do it and live a healthy life as vegetarians. I couldn't and my body didn't like it.
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    You probably don't want to start with bacon!
    Why NOT? It's totally the "gateway meat." :laugh:

To the OP, or any other interested parties, you might be interested in the book The Vegetarian Myth and the stories on http://www.beyondveg.com