Anyone start at 220 ish

Options
Looking for some before and after motivational pictures for me to look at of people who have started around 229 and have made it to 160s and below. and also, do you find you have hanging skin? :) thanks in advance :)

Replies

• mandamama
    Options
    hahah woops that was supposed to say 220 LOL
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    I don't have pics, but I started my weight loss journey at 220lbs(before mfp). Was down to 185lbs when I started here last month and currently 176lbs. I have no hanging skin.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I started at 240 and ended at 150. Pics in my profile.
  • melanielockard
    melanielockard Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    started at 219lbs and am down to 178, i dont have any hanging skin, and no pics to share :( but wanted to tell you good luck!!
  • carriem29
    Options
    I started at 218 and am currently hovering around 185-190. I REALLY need to get my butt in gear and lose these last 30 lbs!
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Hiya! I started around 225 and I'm currently 168. All my "after" pics are when I was about 175. I'm 5'7 for reference.

225:
    PosterContest2010_2.jpg

175:
    SkinnySam.jpg

IMG_54872.jpg

IMG_5495.jpg

This took me almost a year and a half of pretty focused effort so far. I lost 25-30 lbs on my own by eating better (less stress eating mostly) and walking more. After that I really upped the ante exercising more seriously and joined MFP. I've been here 9 months. Slowly but surely it comes off!

A year and a half and still a long ways from goal is frustrating but when I look at the big picture I'm so glad I did what I did and stuck with it. I've gone to a sz 16 jeans to a 10 and now the 10s are loose. Shirts- sz XL to Med. Yet to go down a cup size but I went down 2 bra band sizes and I'm pretty sure I'll go down one more here soon. I went from not being able to run half a mile to running half marathons. I have more energy, less stress and sleep sooooooo much better. Stick with it! Its so worth it!
  • Samerah12
    Options
    Face pics!

200ish? Not sure:

backpacking063-1.jpg

175ish:
    Jacksayshello.jpg
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I started at 231 and am at 191 now. I have bunches of before and after pictures. The pants in the picture are from July when I started
  • ChristinaStang
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and started at 242 in July. I am down to 195. I think as long as you do weight lifting/strength training along with your dieting and cardio - that should limit the amount of any hanging skin. But I honestly don't think you'll have that.

Good luck on your journey!
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6", started at 220 in April. I'm now in the 160's, and I have no loose skin. (I'm also 20, so I'd like to think my skin is still pretty elastic-like.)
  • dknowsbest
    dknowsbest Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    all of you are so motivational<3
  • MommyRobin
    MommyRobin Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I started at 225 and I'm currently at 175. I'm 5' 5". Add me as a friend and go see my pics on my profile. I do have some extra skin on my tummy. I also have 4 boys ages 19, 14, 7, and 3. I'm hoping to get a tummy tuck as my reward when I reach my ultimate goal of 135 to 140. If I still need it. :) Good luck.
  • lucybyrd3
    Options
    Screenshot2011-08-11at103427PM-1.png

this is me now:

Photo683.jpg

@230 i was a size 18, @150 i was a size 10 and now @137ish i'm a size 8
    you can do it !! believe in yourself!!
  • Avyon
    Avyon Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for posting these and for starting this thread :) It's very helpful!
  • pegm
    pegm Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I started around 225. I do have sagging skin from being overweight and from pregnancy stretch marks. Lifting weights helped tighten up a lot, but I will always have the extra skin. I think it all depends on age, how long you have been overweight and if you were "blessed" with stretchmarks. I'll take the sagging over the 70+ lbs. !!! Best wishes to you.. you can do it!

Pics are in my profile.
  • PonyTailedLoser
    PonyTailedLoser Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    started at 231 currently 150. no hanging skin...yet. also i am 5 ft tall barely.
  • muriah2
    muriah2 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    My biggest inspiration on here is lakensmama. She started around 225 and is almost at her goal of 150, and she looks absolutely amazing!
  • reeldancer
    reeldancer Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Started at 235
    Jan 2011
    Currently 170

Goal 150
    Turning 43 in one week
    No sagging skin but not sure what it will look like when I am done.

Edit to say no pics ... Sorry
  • Samerah12
    Options
    Screenshot2011-08-11at103427PM-1.png

this is me now:

Photo683.jpg

@230 i was a size 18, @150 i was a size 10 and now @137ish i'm a size 8
    you can do it !! believe in yourself!!

You look awesome!!! Beautiful tattoo too!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I started out at 250, quit and started back up at 205.

ery34y.jpg

Most recent photo

2qtwnpu.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!