Susan Boyle :0)

Options
2»

Replies

• chelseachick
    Options
    Thanks for starting this post and for getting us to think. Susan is amazing - she is pursuing her dream...not giving up ...and not letting others define her. She is also teaching others/showing others a bit about themselves and making them think to. She is an inspiration.

Here is what this has reminded me of and what I'm not committed to doing.
    It remminds me to pursue my dreams today because you never know how many tomorrows you'r egoing to get. I'm seeking work life balance and am committed to making some changes to gain better balance. I'm also going to put in for the self funded leave that I've been talking about for 10 years now and plan for a one year leave in 5 years time!
  • mfpme
    mfpme Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Oh how exciting! What are you going to do with your one year leave of absence?

I think it's also because she's 47. I'm 44. People in the middle age is relating to this never give up your dream story no matter what age more than the young. Our society is naturally geared towards the young, those in their 20's and a story like this just shows you the possibilities!!

( have you guys seen Paul Potts' on BGT??!! He was very inspirational too. He was also humble down to earth, personable.)

Whatever you have planned for that one year of absence. Good luck! The world is yours!! :flowerforyou: They really should call it one year of presence. Of being in the present moment and making the most of it!
  • chelseachick
    Options
    I'm 45...so life is moving on by...I did lots of travelling when I was young. But since then I got marreid (and 20 years later divorced) had 2 beautiful children but lost sight of my "savoir faire and a bit of my joi de vie" - and I think I got caught up in being "too serious". I'd really like to travel to some far off place - maybe bike - if my knees will allow it ... I need have to give it more thought and rely decide.

I'd\ve always wanted to visit the far east and middle east..I feel like I'm gettin gold - as opposed to aging! I want to leave this world having really lived each day. I need to have the courage to really live each one of them. I dont just want to dream about doing things I WANt to do them. Lately I seem to have lost that ability :cry: but I know its in me to find.:smile:
    Thanks for reminding me of all these things - because that is what your post did for me :blushing: :bigsmile:
  • chelseachick
    Options
    :blushing: apologies for all my typos and spelling mistakes. i can't type and think:grumble:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    So my husband has cried a total of 6 times since I knew him.
    when each of our children were born
    when my mom died
    when my son moved away
    when my other son moved away
    (and maybe once when I socked him in the eye!)

and the other day when he saw Susan Boyle sing.

he calls me into the den and asks me to listen. He said he played it 10 times and it made him tear up.

man she is something, huh??
  • paddlemom
    paddlemom Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI2DxkrgpgQ

Here's her 1999 cover of Cry Me a River.

It was a charity CD and they only made 1,000 copies. I betcha people are gonna dig up those 1,000 copies and sell it on Ebay now! I think she should sing Cry Me A River on the semifinals or finals. She's so good singing that son.

p.s., sometimes I think S.Cowell had that sigh with the big smile watching S.Boyle sing because he's seeing $$$$!!! :laugh: Seriously, she doesn't have to win. She's a hot commodity the world over now. Piers was saying on L.King last night that he got calls from lots of countries asking about her.

Just amazing. What a story. Pauls Potts and this. Warms the heart. :heart: We need stories like this now more than ever!!

OMG! Cry me a river is one of my favourite songs! This is awesome!!!!

¨°º¤ø„¸¨°º¤ø„...ø¤º° ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨
    ¨°º¤ø„¸ GO! Susan !!¸„ø¤º°¨
    ¸„ø¤º°¨Ur Awesome!!! `°º¤ø„¸
    ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¨°º¤

This graphic was on the comments post on the Youtube site, with a note to copy and paste if you agree, so I did!!!!

Thanks for the link!!!
  • Roxy34
    Roxy34 Posts: 146
    Options
    I loved watching her sing. What I really hated was the audience reaction to her before she even opened her mouth...is this how we treat people?...she isn't ugly...the reaction was ugly...I was horrified...since when is it a crime to be 47 and not a stick figure or completely made up?

VERY well put and SOOOO true!!! The REACTION was ugly!!! I think she is absolutely ADORABLE! And when she says "Why should I change?", it just gives me chills because she is SOOO down-to-earth and loves herself for who she is and thats the way it SHOULD be!!!

GO SUSAN GO!!!!! :heart:
  • mfpme
    mfpme Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    First of all, thanks for starting this thread Roxy34!
    Chelseachick! Sounds wonderful what you've got planned for yourself. Lots of travelling. Keep us posted of your plans.
    Paddlemom:Glad you liked S.Boyle singing Cry Me A River. Yeah, I saw that graphic too to copy and paste to root for her!! I keep going back to the youtube clip to see how many hits she has 30,252,000 hits and 152,000 comments! I keep reading some of the youtube comments. That's amazing!

¨°º¤ø„¸¨°º¤ø„...ø¤º° ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨
    ¨°º¤ø„¸ GO! Susan !!¸„ø¤º°¨
    ¸„ø¤º°¨Ur Awesome!!! `°º¤ø„¸
    ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¨°º¤

Arewethereyet, Awww! That's so touching what you shared with us about your husband's moments of joy and pain and his expression of them. Priviledged for you to share with us. Thank you.

Susan Boyle in her 3 mins from changing cynics, skeptics and naysayers to hopeful, believers in possibilities, in triumph. What a story we need now more than ever. Who among us is not skeptical, cynical about the times we live in now but to see someone march on there, stand tall and believe in themselves and make a believer in all of us in eventual triumph. Her and Paul Potts! Bless them for showing us light in dark times! :flowerforyou:

I can't stop listening her sing Cry Me A River. It's so hauntingly aching. Gives me a lump in my throat.