1st week is finished!

Options
My husband finally joined me in my weight loss journey, so we started MFP last Monday! First full week is finished and I am so much more aware of what I've been putting in my body! Holy Crap! No wonder! :noway: I've been exercising1-3 times a week for 3 months and had only lost 10 lbs. With 125 lbs to loose, that was very discouraging! However, now my excuses are gone and in just one week of being aware, I've lost 5 lbs! Wow! Thank you MFP! I have a long way to go...but I can do it! Anyone want to join in, I'm here for the long haul!?!?! :happy:

Replies

• eytzen1
    Options
    Hi Honest Sandy, I'm Joanne. I too started on last Monday. I am so excited as well to start something that seems doable. I feel like I can do this and am totally committed to making it real and counting my calories and making a difference for my life. My husband saw what I was doing and he started on Wednesday. It's good because now together we can help each other. Hey, I'll encourage you and you back to me. Way to go! My first weigh in was 12 pounds! I about fell over when I saw that this morning before work! Made my day. Although that was nice, I don't expect that to keep up, it would be unhealthy. I'm sure I must've been full of water! But, I can probably expect more like 2 pounds a week....maybe.
    Good luck, I'll check back with you. Stay committed!
    Joanne:happy:
  • Honest_Sandy
    Options
    2 lbs a week is my goal too! Has been all along. I've hit it once or twice not paying attention to my food intake. But to reach my goal by our 10 yr anniversary it has to be done! Luckily, this week has added in a little wiggle room! WooHoo!
  • Honest_Sandy
    Options
    Hi Honest Sandy, I'm Joanne. I too started on last Monday. I am so excited as well to start something that seems doable. I feel like I can do this and am totally committed to making it real and counting my calories and making a difference for my life. My husband saw what I was doing and he started on Wednesday. It's good because now together we can help each other. Hey, I'll encourage you and you back to me. Way to go! My first weigh in was 12 pounds! I about fell over when I saw that this morning before work! Made my day. Although that was nice, I don't expect that to keep up, it would be unhealthy. I'm sure I must've been full of water! But, I can probably expect more like 2 pounds a week....maybe.
    Good luck, I'll check back with you. Stay committed!
    Joanne:happy:

That is some amazing weight loss! Great Job! Amazing how being aware can change things!
    I'm sure I'm full of water still! My mom always told me full hydration happened at 1/2 ounce per lb of weight. My water intake has been staying pretty close to that...it's almost like I'm pregnant again! LOL! Course, my lips are continually dry, so who knows!