Im in need of easy, fast tasty meals. Any ideas

Options
So Im kinda stumped. I need more ideas for tasty food. Im eating 5 300 calorie meals a day. Im a sucker for carbs. I like my breads! Im a stress eater and go straight for the carbs. Also, I eat when I'm happy(a bit odd?)

But I like my fruits and veggies. Im not drinking anymore soda which had been hard but is getting much easier. I feel like giving up some days b/c im pressed for time and forget to pack my lunch. But what are some more healthy options? Im getting a bit discourage. It needs to be more satisfying than anything.

Thank you!!!!

Replies

• shemor43
    shemor43 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Try chicken tacos on whole wheat tortilla's. I think the tortilla's are like 75 each and the chicken is lower in calories.
  • jdrzal
    jdrzal Posts: 21
    Options
    mmm That sounds yummy. Now im thinking.. chicken tacos... or chicken fajitas. also tasty, Thnku!
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I just went back to making a large batch of roasted veggies (peppers, onions, mushrooms, tomato and eggplant) I cook them till they are darker and delicious! During the week I scoop out some to use in a sandwich with or without cheese, dice up more and add as a sauce for real spaghetti or the squash variety ;~), spread over a pizza dough or flatbread for a pizza, mix into plain hummus for a nice change. Homemade chili lasts all week, as do healthy stews.

Setting aside one day of cooking will help for planning, cook and separate chicken into portions for the week. With breakfast I make a big batch steal cut oats adding stuff like PB2, blueberries, bananas into the batch while cooking, I even did a batch with 1 cup of pumpkin and pumpkin pie spices, it was very yummy!