Music?

Options
First of all, sorry I keep posting topics i'm going a little crazy I'll try to stop haha. :blushing:
But I was just wondering if y'all listen to music while doing your workouts? And if so, what are your favorite songs or artists to listen to?
These are some of mine:
Lady GaGa- All of her music is really upbeat and fun to listen to so I basically forget i'm working out. :laugh:
Justin Timberlake- FutureSex/LoveSounds is a great album to listen to!!
Britney Spears- Queen of Pop, what more can I say? :wink:
Paris Hilton- Very good songs, and upbeat. :heart:
Avril Lavigne, Flo Rida, Katy Perry, and BoA are also amazing!! :bigsmile:

So what are yours?!

Replies

• lilmissnicole
    Options
    First of all, sorry I keep posting topics i'm going a little crazy I'll try to stop haha. :blushing:
    But I was just wondering if y'all listen to music while doing your workouts? And if so, what are your favorite songs or artists to listen to?
    These are some of mine:
    Lady GaGa- All of her music is really upbeat and fun to listen to so I basically forget i'm working out. :laugh:

So what are yours?!
  • joeysmuse
    joeysmuse Posts: 87
    Options
    I am not into main stream music but when I do work out I love to listen to Techno. If yo have an ear for music it's not all repetitive. I personally LOVE the house genre. When i plug my Ipod in and walk with the dog i tend to walk a little faster because It's so up beat. my personal favorite DJ is Bad Boy Bill. if you message me with your email addy I will upload a CD for you to check out.
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I must admit I tend toward more soothing tunes: Enya, Clannad, Celtic and nature stuff. Occasionally I'll add in some stage musical music and/or Billy Joel and Chicago. Right now I'm re-doing my Ipod, so some things were eliminated and some were added to. :-)
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    I will usually pop in a Casting Crowns CD or I will turn the satelite on, there are some music channels on there and I listen to some hip hop or some R&B, or some love songs, so it is not just one specific group or singer.
  • pegm
    pegm Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for ideas... type in "music" on the message board search bar, you will get lots of ideas.
  • tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    Options
    i fill my ipod from napster and change it all the time so I dont get bored.
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Yup. Hardcore techno, dance, club, generally the best songs when I'm starting to wilt is super hard, fast pounding that gives me energy.
  • mistyreed82
    Options
    These are some of mine:

So what are yours?!

Im with you...thats what I pretty much listen too. I like the Veronicas too. Hmm...some good dance music too..like from Step up and Step up 2..they have great soundtracks!
    My hubby on the other hand listens to heavy metal....good thing we have ipods! :smile:
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    My IPOD is filled with everything from disco to 80's to country to 50's and 60's music. I have some Billy Joel, Etta James, Weezer, Tag Team, Beck, John Anderson, Madonna, Cyndi Lauper, Ray Charles, you name it - I have a little of it on my IPOD.

I like it because I walk to the beat of the song - so if it's a slow song I increase the incline and walk slower and if it's a fast song I walk faster on a lower incline. Because all the music is sort of mixed together, I find myself walking a little longer because I know that there's a song coming up that I want to listen to... I don't allow myself to "skip" songs on my Ipod either... I make myself walk through til I get to hear a song.
  • lilmissnicole
    Options
    Wow, so much variety! I love it!! :bigsmile:
    I'm thinking I might go download Step Up and Step Up 2 soundtracks and definitely check out some of the music you guys listen to!! Yay!! :smile:
  • tagefruth
    Options
    Hey Zara11 can you tell me where you got that bathing suit photo or could you send it to me in an email? I would love to have it and print it out to motivate me while on the treadmill...lol

thanks, Tage
  • lindsayrose
    Options
    I love the Blackeyed Peas especially "RUN", I like the older Peas from a couple years ago.
    Eminem also keeps me pumped up.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I am not into main stream music but when I do work out I love to listen to Techno. If yo have an ear for music it's not all repetitive. I personally LOVE the house genre. When i plug my Ipod in and walk with the dog i tend to walk a little faster because It's so up beat. my personal favorite DJ is Bad Boy Bill. if you message me with your email addy I will upload a CD for you to check out.

Awww..... i:heart: Bad Boy Bill. Have you heard of my friend Vission? He's good too. There's some other local DJ's here that I think you would REALLY like if you're interested!
  • EcHoOoOoO
    EcHoOoOoO Posts: 89
    Options
    casting crowns and jeremy camp are good for me!