Any other "slow losers"?

Options
2»

Replies

• rhondababy
    rhondababy Posts: 119
    Options
    This all helps so much. I have been doing it for two months and am only down 6.5 lbs. But, I have had some really hard weeks through out. I spent two and a half weeks in February gaining, and am only now within 1/2 lb of where I was 3 weeks after I started!
    I do know that if I give up I will gain for sure, so as far as I'm concerned I don't have any option but to continue. I feel so much better when I feel that am in control of my food, not it in control of me!!!

Have a great weekend everybody!
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I am a slow user too. It took me a whole year to lose 44 pounds, but I didn't starve and I exercised ALOT!! So I feel like I did it the right way for the first time ever in my life. Maybe this time b/c I did it right and can continue to live/eat this way, it will stay off!
  • Heatmiser
    Heatmiser Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am just like all of you too. I am 5'4 and trying to get to 115, but in honesty, I would be happy with anything in the 120's. I have only been doing this for a week, scale hasn't moved, but I feel better. I try not to get on the scale more than once, and that is really only to check-in. I strongly suggest if any of you workout at the gym to have your body fat measured. It is the best way to monitor your progress. The scale takes along time to catch up if you are someone who went from no or little exercise to working out regularly. But exercise is the key to keeping the weight off and increasing your metabolism. I buy a pair of jeans in a smaller size and work towards that a my goal. Also, a personal trainer friend of mine said to avoid all dairy products after 3pm. It is very hard for your body to break them down and use them he said. Please stick with it. I am because thIS site and all you guys are TERRIFIC!
  • bluewhisper
    Options
    i'm also 5'4 and weigh 141,just 2 pounds lighter then last month when i joined this site.i seems like have an "obsession "with the scale because every time i go to the gym i weigh myself and feel dissapointed that the scale dosn't move some more.I really want to get to 120-115...i was just a little bit over that goal 3 years ago when i weighted 125.I remember i felt really good about my body,but not anymore.....
    I try to work out 3 times a week and i lose between 500-700 cal each times but my weight stays the same day after day....
    I have a question for you guys:my net cal are 1240 but if i work out and loose around 700 cal/workout should i eat then around 1900 cal?i ask that just because i don't want just to loose a couple of pounds and starv my body and then put a lot more back on.I just want to do it right and keep the weight off for good.
    Thanks.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,079 Member
    Options
    i'm also 5'4 and weigh 141,just 2 pounds lighter then last month when i joined this site.i seems like have an "obsession "with the scale because every time i go to the gym i weigh myself and feel dissapointed that the scale dosn't move some more.I really want to get to 120-115...i was just a little bit over that goal 3 years ago when i weighted 125.I remember i felt really good about my body,but not anymore.....
    I try to work out 3 times a week and i lose between 500-700 cal each times but my weight stays the same day after day....
    I have a question for you guys:my net cal are 1240 but if i work out and loose around 700 cal/workout should i eat then around 1900 cal?i ask that just because i don't want just to loose a couple of pounds and starv my body and then put a lot more back on.I just want to do it right and keep the weight off for good.
    Thanks.

QUOTE:

Please read these two threads:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/6556-the-answers-to-the-questions?page=2

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/3047-700-calories-a-day-and-not-losing?page=1#posts-19051
  • littlespoon
    littlespoon Posts: 165
    Options
    Me too, I'm one of them! I'm 5ft 2in and I have only lost 3 kilos since Oct last year. I have tried eating more, exercising more, exercising less, shaking up my routine, eating less, calorie cycling - you name it, I'm trying it and I havent budged the scales since 22nd December. I have gone back to 61 a couple of times briefly, but I CANNOT get the scales to fall below 60 kilos!!! It feels like they are just stuck there. It is very frustrating!!! My goal weight is 52 kilos.