AWESOME POSSUM'S WEEK 4.........(CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Just checking in... I did Monday and Tuesday's exercises this morning. Maybe I'll get caught up with todays a little later. My water intake has been great so far this week and havn't ate past 8pm yet.... Feeling pretty good. How is everyone else?
  • bigchid88
    Options
    My week has been kinda ehhhh. Its that time of the month so my eating has been outta whack -_- I'm taking a breaking from doing double days for workouts for the last 2 days but I have this guilty feeling even though I know my body needs the rest. I'm gonna do monday and wednesday's challenges tomorrow before insanity.

I hope everyone's week is going well!
  • Twins2007
    Twins2007 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Well...I started off the week great and now...Not so much.

October wrecked havoc on my health (was very sick) which has meant almost no workouts and almost no tracking.

I weighed myself this morning and gained...5 pounds...Yikes!

Tomorrow is another day...And hopefully I ca get back on track and put all this funk behind me!

Have a great week everyone,

E xo
  • ta198488
    ta198488 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I had a pretty busy week & a great weekend. I current weighed 158 this morning. I could have lost more, but I ate out for dinner on Saturday. I had a great meal on Saturday night cooked by some wonderful friends. Then on Sunday I had a few to many (cookies), oh that evil word. I was really surprised I lost anything. I will try to keep better control on the food intake this week. No eating out till Friday night at least. Measure all the food you eat & have lots of fruits & vetables available, not those evil cookies.
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    AprilStar480
    Goal Weight 135lbs
    Starting Weight 152.8lbs
    Week 6 153lbs
    Week 7 156lbs
    Week 8 154.8lbs

Ta198488
    Goal Weight 155lbs
    Starting Weight 166lbs
    Week 6 159lbs
    Week 7 159lbs
    Week 8 158lbs

BigChid88
    Goal Weight 210lbs
    Starting Weight 227lbs
    Week 6 218.8lbs
    Week 7 220.2lbs
    Week 8

Twins
    Goal Weight 150-170lbs
    Starting Weight 210lbs
    Week 7 183lbs
    Week 8 188lbs (Is this correct? You didn't post actual weight.)

BigChid where are ya?

Alright ladies... We are headed into a nasty storm! Thanksgiving is next week... It might be time to start planning some healthy dishes for our day of grub. Anyone have a recipe you'd like to share. Maybe together we can come up with some dishes that might be a little more forgiving than the traditional Stuffing and Mashed Potatoes that go along with that delicious Turkey dinner.

ta, great work on your weight loss this week. A cookie here or there is no biggy... you have to allow yourself a treat now and then. Would you mind coming up with this weeks exercise challenge? It doesn't have to be anything crazy just post your favorite exercises and we will do them along with you!

Twin, I'm sorry you have been so sick. It is really hard to eat healthy and track your food when you aren't feeling well. Maybe while we are thinking up recipes for Thanksgiving we could also come up with or share some "Comfort" food recipes. It's the season for the ickies and I'm sure we all will appreciate a good soothing meal at one point or another in the next few months.

I had an alright week. I did good in the beginning but like usual the weekend killed me. I didn't eat too late at night but I didn't drink enough water. Gonna have to try a little harder. I did have an awesome walk with my little boys and our dog on Sunday morning though. Gotta love the cool air and bright colored crisp leaves that autumn brings.

Alright ladies good luck this week and ta please post some workout ideas or let me know asap if you'd rather not and I'll do it. Thank You:bigsmile:
  • bigchid88
    Options
    So sorry school was hell today and I wasnt able to get to the group till now. I lose weight this week..YAY. Now im downn to 219. Lets see if i can finally break the 217 barrier within the next 2 weeks.

This week was hard cause it was that time of the month, but I'm sick of making excuses for it. Its like i lose weight for 3 weeks then gain back during that week. do any of you ladies have tips for how to better handle that week?
  • ta198488
    Options
    Wow, I do not ever exercise. I used to walk 2 to 4 miles every evening a few year ago. Recently I have walked a mile a day. So if you enjoy walking I suggest 20 to 30 minutes when ever it fits in your schedule. Once you get used to 2 miles the last 2 miles are easy. It takes me 1 hour and 20 minutes to walk 4 miles. it is so time consuming I have not done it in a while.
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    BigChid, losing while TOM is visiting is hard. Remember to drink lots of water and again, I think maybe sharing some "comfort" food recipes would help for that time of the month as well as holidays. I will look up some recipes later but this one was sent to my e-mail today. It's for Chicken Sausage Stuffing and sounds/looks pretty yummy.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/11/chicken-sausage-and-herb-stuffing.html#more

TA, I think your idea is great for exercise... Lets all try to walk/run a few times this week pushing our limits just a little each time. doesn't matter if you walk for 15 minutes today and add a little 3 minute sprint to it on Thursday. Anything counts and it's baby steps that are gonna get us to our long term goal:smile:
  • Twins2007
    Twins2007 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Still here!!

Tried Zumba today for the first time...And LOVED IT!!

So far my week has been good...Focusing on what my goals are and eating when I am hungry as opposed to tired, sad, lonely, angry or bored...

Hoping everyone else has a great week :)

E xo

P.S. We still have 6 weeks for those of us aiming for Dec 31...WE CAN DO THIS!
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Crap, totally forgot about weigh in today. I'm pretty sure the scale said 156.4 this morning. Drank and ate way too much this weekend! My bad:grumble:
  • bigchid88
    Options
    weighed in today at 221.6. Im so sick of my weight constantly fluctuating.
    on the bright side I went shopping this weekend...I offically fit in size 12 jeans! Skinny jeans at that lol and now all my tops are either meds or larges!!!
    Regardless of the scale I know that there is a change happening. Slow and steady wins in the long run and that is all that matters right now =]
  • ta198488
    Options
    Well, Friday morning I oficially weighed in at 157 lbs. I was so proud of myself. Then I ate Friday night & I ate Sunday Turkey Dinner & supper. So come Monday morning I am back to weighing 158 Lbs. If I do not start watching myself I will be back to weighing 159 or worse by next monday. This holiday stuff is sending me backwards.
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    AprilStar480
    Goal Weight 135lbs
    Starting Weight 152.8lbs
    Week 6 153lbs
    Week 7 156lbs
    Week 8 154.8lbs
    Week 9 156.4lbs

Ta198488
    Goal Weight 155lbs
    Starting Weight 166lbs
    Week 6 159lbs
    Week 7 159lbs
    Week 8 158lbs
    Week 9 158lbs

BigChid88
    Goal Weight 210lbs
    Starting Weight 227lbs
    Week 6 218.8lbs
    Week 7 220.2lbs
    Week 8
    Week 9 221.6lbs

Twins
    Goal Weight 150-170lbs
    Starting Weight 210lbs
    Week 7 183lbs
    Week 9

Alright ladies... Thanksgiving is tommorrow! Lets all just try to stay focused and get through this.

BigChid, way to go on your new clothing sizes. That is always so reassuring to go shopping and have to put back clothes that you picked out cause they were too big! Do you measure yourself regularly? Reese had us do that in the beginning... if you guys still have that recorded somewhere I would encourage you to look back at that and compare. I'm sure you guess would be extremely impressed!

TA, looks like your at a Plateau... no worries, you'll get through it. Just try changing up a few things. I've heard zigzaging your calories help.

Hey BigChid, what have you been doing or exercise? Will you post challenges for this week please?
  • bigchid88
    Options
    I am so sorry ladies. I fell off the face of mfp world. I have been having serious issues with my eating even though I workout 6 days a week. I was just feeling really bad about myself and realized that this is more than just me. I told myself that giving up was not just effecting me but all of you ladies too. I am truly and deeply sorry.

I hope everyone's thanksgiving went well. I only ate one plate of food and one small plate of dessert =]

I will post a workout for this week tomorrow.
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    No worries lady! Just pick up where you left off. I'm sure all of us had a bit of a struggle this week... I know I did. It happens:flowerforyou:
  • bigchid88
    Options
    Thank you April! your reassurance really helped me

Ok ladies so here is the workout for this week:
    Mon: 25 Pushups, 30 Bodyweight(BW) squats, 30 crunches
    Tues: 20 lunges, 30 Jumping jack, 60 crunches
    Wed: 10 burpees, 20 BW squats, 30 crunches
    Thurs: 40 Jumping jacks, 25 pushups, 30 crunches
    Fri: 20 lunges, 40 BW squats, 60 crunches
    Sat: 20 pushups, 20 Jumping jacks, 20 lunges, 20 BW squats, 30 crunches
    Sun: Rest =]

I hope you guys enjoy the mini workout =]
  • bigchid88
    Options
    I dont know how but i weighed in today at 213.4!!! I stepped on and off the scale 5 times but it kept telling me that was how much i weighed. Lets see what happens these next few weeks with finals coming around and me being super stressed I gonna make it an effort to eat healthy and sensibly
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    It's Monday already!?

AprilStar480
    Goal Weight 135lbs
    Starting Weight 152.8lbs
    Week 6 153lbs
    Week 7 156lbs
    Week 8 154.8lbs
    Week 9 156.4lbs
    Week 10 155lbs

Ta198488
    Goal Weight 155lbs
    Starting Weight 166lbs
    Week 6 159lbs
    Week 7 159lbs
    Week 8 158lbs
    Week 9 158lbs
    Week 10

BigChid88
    Goal Weight 210lbs
    Starting Weight 227lbs
    Week 6 218.8lbs
    Week 7 220.2lbs
    Week 8
    Week 9 221.6lbs
    Week 10 213.4lbs

Twins
    Goal Weight 150-170lbs
    Starting Weight 210lbs
    Week 7 183lbs
    Week 9
    Week 10

Wow Chid... 8.2lbs loss Thanksgiving week! You rock:drinker: I think we all are gonna have some seriously sore abs with your workout routine. Not to sound like a ditz but what is a BW squat? This is gonna be fun:bigsmile:

I think we lost Twin... Are ya still here lady? Haven't had a weigh in from you for a couple weeks:frown:

TA, were missing you too! Where are ya?
  • bigchid88
    Options
    Thanks so much April! I'm not really sure how I lost that much esp during thanksgiving...im still a little skeptical

Here is a link to what a BW squat is http://www.oprah.com/health/The-No-Equipment-Workout-You-Can-Do-at-Home/2

You dont have to go down nearly as far(just go to parallel) and you can put your hands on your hip

Best of luck this week!!!!

BTWS Great job April on loosing this week too!!!! Now we know we can lose during a holiday we will make it through christmas and new years with ease =]
  • ta198488
    Options
    I am still around, I struggled thru the week, but am pleased to report that I lost another pound as of Nov. 28th I now weigh 157.. My weight has went up & down all week, but I did survive the Thanksgiving holiday. It is a day to day struggle for me. We need to keep our eye on the prize & keep up the good work.