New girl from UK, support?

Options
I'm 22, and I live in Yorkshire. I decided yesterday to get back on track - after a long period of 'not caring anymore' >_<

I'm hoping to find support here, and also to support others.

I'm 5ft1" and about............. 140lbs....... I'm so ashamed! Apparently I don't look overweight at all...... but I think people are lying! The scales don't lie! Haha

I'm hoping to lose at least 40 lbs in the long run.... but my first goal is about 15 lbs.

I'm not really sure what I'm doing yet - I don't want to go over 1200Cal per day though. I think I'll eat mainly fresh vegetables and rice.

OH and I just bought a bento box! So I hope to eat from that a lot, and fill it with healthy things.

I hope to make some friends here, please tell me your favourite healthy snacks, exercises, meals, tips etc! It will be greatly appreciated!

(Also, I don't suppose there's anyone who lives in this area?)

<3

Replies

• persephone87
    persephone87 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site :) theres a new area for the UK group and theres a thread in there with introductions some people I'm sure are from nearby. Im from near Newcastle so not too far :)
  • kltdempsey
    Options
    Hello! Im Kate and origionally from Manchester but live in Melbourne Aus now, welcome! Thsi is great, as long as your honest with yourself and write everything down, youll be fine. What excercise are you thinking of doing?
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hey! Welcome to the site!
    I'm 24 and also 5'1" :) I'm 123 lbs atm, hoping to get down to 107 by February. I eat 1600cals a day, and run, swim and do insanity workout most days...
    Oh, and I'm from Cambridgeshire :)
    Add me if you like :flowerforyou:
  • Lollops
    Lollops Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your replies!

I'll go look for that UK group!

And Kate, hello! I'm not really sure yet. I was thinking perhaps dancing, star jumps, leg lifts, crunches etc.

Halina - I'm so envious of you! You're doing so well! What are 'insanity workouts'? Do you have any 'at-home' workout tips?

Thanks again for making me feel welcome! I really like this site, I can't believe I've never heard of it before! <3
  • CharleeA
    Options
    Hiya there and welcome to MFP!!!

Feel free to add me - Im a boro girl so not too far from you I suppose!! Good luck on your weightloss journey! xx
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Insanity is a workout that you do at home. Its awesome, but super-hard. Its ideal if you dont want to sign up for a gym. You can try 30DS as well, its pretty good workout and only 20mins a day. If you google both you will find out more about it.
    If you're just starting out exercising, simple routines like jogging in place, push ups, crunches, jumping jacks, squats, lounges should be enough for a bit. Also, get a skipping rope. Its great. :flowerforyou:
  • bex879165
    bex879165 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi, you're in the right place. MFP is great and everyone is so helpful! Feel free to add me, i'm Yorkshire too!! xx