Carbs are my friend:)

Options
So I'm following mfp since january, and decided 10 kilograms-22 pounds would be a good point in my journey to call for my celebration and share my own personal methods...

I've been eating healthy all my life, but never realized my small portions got me into trouble. I live in Turkey, have delicious fresh fruits and vegetables all year around. Before I did all the readings for the newbees in this site, a typical meal plan for me would be as follows; grilled whole wheat cheese toast with coffee for breakfast,a big bowl of soup for lunch. and some vegetables with chicken or beef for dinner. I'm a pasta lover so I would eat a healthy pasta meal once or twice a week. I NEVER felt hungary, I just ate because I loved to, only in such small portions.

As you can imagine, I never lost weight, on top of that added 2 pounds a year. My blood levels were perfect and I had my hypothroidism to blame(for which I'm taking medications for, since 2000)for my weight.

So what's changed since january? I actually upped my calories, added some exercise three times a week. At the time being I eat most of my exercise calories, ordered a hrm from UK and waiting for it to arrive, so I can know for sure my exercise calories, and I will eat all of them when I know they are my actual numbers:)

The real reason I wrote this post is to let some of you know that for me carbs are not my enemy. If we are talking about a life change, my life won't be as fun without my carbs, and I found a way to fit them in my program. I mostly eat grilled cheese toast for breakfast, have my main meal for lunch, usually some vegetable casserole with a cup of whole wheat pasta. have two snacks, a fruit and a small turkey sandwich in the afternoon. eat some yoghurt and a small chocolate pudding for supper. I come home late at night, so I prefer to have something small, sometimes I eat a half portion of my lunch menu.

It took me nearly 4 months until I started to feel hunger, and I love the feeling.

First 5 pounds I lost very easily, then after eating right I probably stayed at the same weight for a month. Then lost some more, and stayed at the same point for another month. For the last two weeks, I'm loosing about 2 pounds a week.

I know all the readings I did are against it ,but I weigh myself everyday. When there is a change in the right direction, I get motivated. When the change is in the other direction, I tell myself I'm doing everything right and no way went over my calories by 7000(which is a kilogram) so I don't take it into consideration:)))))

Anyway so far everything is working well for me, hope these points help atleast one of the newcomers.
As said million times, believe in this system, give it a chance and do all your readings...

Also special thanks to Banks, whom I bothered with some questions I had through pm and he answered me immediatly. A lot of people you see here talking and giving advise through personal experience knows what they are talking about.

Good luck on your journey to loose, to maintain, to get healthier everyone....

122292.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

Replies

• dafne
    dafne Posts: 4
    Options
    So I'm following mfp since january, and decided 10 kilograms-22 pounds would be a good point in my journey to call for my celebration and share my own personal methods...

I've been eating healthy all my life, but never realized my small portions got me into trouble. I live in Turkey, have delicious fresh fruits and vegetables all year around. Before I did all the readings for the newbees in this site, a typical meal plan for me would be as follows; grilled whole wheat cheese toast with coffee for breakfast,a big bowl of soup for lunch. and some vegetables with chicken or beef for dinner. I'm a pasta lover so I would eat a healthy pasta meal once or twice a week. I NEVER felt hungary, I just ate because I loved to, only in such small portions.

As you can imagine, I never lost weight, on top of that added 2 pounds a year. My blood levels were perfect and I had my hypothroidism to blame(for which I'm taking medications for, since 2000)for my weight.

So what's changed since january? I actually upped my calories, added some exercise three times a week. At the time being I eat most of my exercise calories, ordered a hrm from UK and waiting for it to arrive, so I can know for sure my exercise calories, and I will eat all of them when I know they are my actual numbers:)

The real reason I wrote this post is to let some of you know that for me carbs are not my enemy. If we are talking about a life change, my life won't be as fun without my carbs, and I found a way to fit them in my program. I mostly eat grilled cheese toast for breakfast, have my main meal for lunch, usually some vegetable casserole with a cup of whole wheat pasta. have two snacks, a fruit and a small turkey sandwich in the afternoon. eat some yoghurt and a small chocolate pudding for supper. I come home late at night, so I prefer to have something small, sometimes I eat a half portion of my lunch menu.

It took me nearly 4 months until I started to feel hunger, and I love the feeling.

First 5 pounds I lost very easily, then after eating right I probably stayed at the same weight for a month. Then lost some more, and stayed at the same point for another month. For the last two weeks, I'm loosing about 2 pounds a week.

I know all the readings I did are against it ,but I weigh myself everyday. When there is a change in the right direction, I get motivated. When the change is in the other direction, I tell myself I'm doing everything right and no way went over my calories by 7000(which is a kilogram) so I don't take it into consideration:)))))

Anyway so far everything is working well for me, hope these points help atleast one of the newcomers.
    As said million times, believe in this system, give it a chance and do all your readings...

Also special thanks to Banks, whom I bothered with some questions I had through pm and he answered me immediatly. A lot of people you see here talking and giving advise through personal experience knows what they are talking about.

Good luck on your journey to loose, to maintain, to get healthier everyone....

122292.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • Lizjkp
    Lizjkp Posts: 278
    Options
    Very well done dafne :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: you have done remarkable well:wink: thank you for the information you have posted, I am sure you will be a motivation to many of us.
    Good luck with the rest of your journey :tongue:.

The character of a person is often carried in the mannerisms of her pets :heart: :smooched:
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    nice work! thanks for sharing!