Tips on how survive Disney

Options
2»

Replies

• Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    For Disney world , you can't bring in a cooler, but you can pack a back pack and push it around in a stroller if you want to. When I go to places like this, I like to pack plenty of fruit, nuts, protein bars and boiled eggs, then also indulge a bit in the park food... Also Disney world has lots of really nice food if you don't mind spending for it.
  • GateCrasher1
    GateCrasher1 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I live in Orlando and if you are coming here you can indeed bring your own food into the park. I have an annual pass through my work and I take friends all the time. We always bring our own lunches as it's way more healthy and SO MUCH CHEAPER!!!!

If your housing includes a mini fridge, get some lunch meats and make your own lunches. You won't regret it!
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    You can take food in to all the parks and your own water. I packed breakfast, snacks, and lunch. I only had to find a place for dinner, 99% of the places had a grilled chicken something, salads, and real fresh delicious fruit. HAVE TONS OF FUN!!!

This.
  • emilygracee
    Options
    If I were you, I'd not only plan for food, but also plan for a busy day. The less downtime you have, the less tempting the unhealthy foods will get!
  • nirebelldandy
    Options
    I also live in Orlando...99% of the quick service restaurants carry healthier options, such as yogurt, fruit, vegetables etc. If you are the Dining Plan, you can use those as your snack. I work at a restaurant at Downtown Disney, and if you have any special dietary requirements, a chef will come to your table and discuss your options. All restaurants will do this. They want your money, so they will accommodate you as best as they can.
    Also, any restaurant at Disney will give you a cup of ice water, for free! I always do this, so I don't have to buy expensive bottles of water, or you can bring your own bottle to refill with some Crystal Light.
    But again, you are on vacation, so you should totally have at least one Mickey Bar while you are there! ;)
    That said, for those who mentioned they are getting the Dining Plan while on their vacation, use your snacks for non perishable items to bring home with you. Most guests complain there is too much food to eat!
  • tinkbell50
    tinkbell50 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I was just in disneyland a couple of weeks ago. The park has done a great job of adding more healthy food choices. You can choose apples over frys at all the resturants. Fruit is everywhere. Cafe New Orleans has some great options. Plus you will be walking, walking, and walking everywhere!! That helps a lot too!! I am happy to report that after my trip I did not gain weight back. You can do it!! Have fun!!
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    You can take food in to all the parks and your own water. I packed breakfast, snacks, and lunch. I only had to find a place for dinner, 99% of the places had a grilled chicken something, salads, and real fresh delicious fruit. HAVE TONS OF FUN!!!

Yep. I was there this last August and there was healthy food to be had everywhere within the park. It was easy to eat healthy!