Qdoba Healthy Options?

Options
I am going to lunch w/ a friend this week at Qdoba. I've been trying to research healthy meals options on both the Internet & MFP but am not coming up with much. It seems a lot is a "create your own" option. Can anyone recommend some low-cal healthy meals there please? I'm trying to stay around 300 calories. Thanks!

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I would enter different options into my recipe maker and see what I come up with. :drinker:
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    ahahahahahaha.....your funny! I say, just go and enjoy yourself, it's just one meal and their queso is AMAZING
  • bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    You could go with one of the Naked Taco Salads. Those arent too bad.
  • AEcklar813
    AEcklar813 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Last time I ate at qdoba I got a fajita bowl. Add the pork, black beans, salsa, lettuce, and veggies. No rice. It was around 330 cals.
  • mmyszka
    Options
    We go to Qdoba all the time, but it's difficult to get any of their entrees to 300 calories. It's the rice that really adds the calories. The tortilla soup is the lowest calorie item, I think. I usually get the Naked Burrito, vegetarian, with no cheese or sour cream. That still comes in at 600 calories or so. It's a pretty big portion, so eating half of it and taking the rest home is a good option. Their nutritional calculator on the website is one of the best out there, so I suggest using that to help you decide!

Good luck!
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    They have bowls that you can do without the tortilla. That is where you will save calories. I also noticed last week when I went they have a new item called Mexican Gumbo. It's like tortilla soup with rice, etc. I looked on their website and for a bowl with grilled chicken it came up 280 cals. Or they have a tortilla soup that is really tasty that is even less.
  • manda_flo
    manda_flo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Naked burrito bowls are good, w/out guac, sour cream, and cheese, I think that would be pretty healthy.
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    You may be able to base it similar to Chipotle. That is on here.
  • Bubdog1
    Options
    I get the naked grilled-veggie burrito with black beans, lo-cal sour cream and mild salsa. If you want to save even more calories, skip the rice. It's yummy!
  • Mumblz
    Options
    Qdoba has a nutrition calculator on their website. Go naked, of course, then add your protein and vegetables. It will tell you the calorie count and you can adjust from there.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I usually get the Naked Ancho Chile BBQ Burrito bowl with chicken. I don't skip the cheese or sour cream, either. I just split the dish in half and eat the leftovers for lunch the next day. It comes in around 425 calories. (which is a pretty light/moderate lunch for me)
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Nutrition caluclator for Qdoba: http://www.qdoba.com/Calculator.aspx
  • durhamity
    durhamity Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Its been a while since I've been there, but I think they have a pick two option? Tortilla soup is a good choice. Also, type in Qudoba in the the food search and browse through things that you might like. That way you go to lunch knowing how many calories the choices are, and you can decide if lunch is worth that or not!
  • Gunff
    Gunff Posts: 47
    Options
    their website actually has a very very impressive calorie calculator.

you have no chance of staying under 300 though, but the Pick 2 options are better, get the Pick 2 and eat half of it? i guess? but i'd go with eat more, enjoy yourself and hit the gym for 30 minutes afterwards lol.