Motivated Mommas Week 8 (closed group)

Options

Replies

• LoveNevrNds
    LoveNevrNds Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Finally back from my quick out of town excursion. I read all of the posts and updated my points on the sheet. Here is a quick summery.

19 Points + 9 Bonus for a total of 28 Possible Points.

Cardio 50 Jumping Jacks each day - 2/6pt

Strength - 6 points + 3 bonus
    Part 1- 600 crunches 0/3pt
    Part 2- Ab Workout 2/6

Food/Nutrition - 6 points + 6 bonus
    One point for each day, and a bonus point for everyday you stop eating at 7:30pm

Thursday
    Nutrition - Under calories DONE + BONUS

Friday
    Nutrition - Under Fat DONE

Saturday
    Nutrition - Under Sodium

Sunday
    Nutrition - Under Carbs DONE +BONUS

Monday
    Nutrition - Under calories DONE

Tuesday
    Nutrition - Under Fat

Emotional - 1 points
    What's your next mini-goal? I'm not talking about the big "I wanna lose 500lbs" type of goal, but the little markers we all give ourselves that keep us motivated. Do you focus on the next 10lbs, droping another pant size or fitting into your skinny jeans? What's the thing that you've got set in your sights right now?

My next mini goal is to be down a total of 35 lbs before Christmas! That means I need to lose 10.2 lbs before Christmas. That will put me at 251.6 I think I can do it!!!
    My mini goal after Christmas is to be at my pre pregnancy weight of 239!!! That is another 12.6 lbs after my Christmas goal!
    Thursday-Monday 9pts
  • LoveNevrNds
    LoveNevrNds Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    omg! where have I been all weekend?!? I'm so sorry ladies. I was keeping up with the challenge and logging on my phone but my husband was studying this weekend and completely monopolized our computer all weekend. plus i had some relatives in from out of town.... it was madness. but in the best possible way!

I kinda sucked food wise this weekend. I was under cals everyday but my eating times were all screwed up. on friday I didn't eat a single bite until 4pm!! That's friggin crazy! I was so sick feeling but it had been such a hectica day that I just forgot. Saturaday wasn't too bad but there was some pretty hardcore wine drinking done on my part. and then sunday was a nasty figght with my hubby first thing in the am whish resulted in some stress eating in the morning. I pulled it together by 1 but still, not good... on top of all that I barely drank water. which is weird because at work I'm a water drinking machine and I see the benefits of that throughout the week. but come the weekend I jsut stop. I've got to get that under control... any tips?

so basically, I'm bloated from here to december! lol! I'm sure I can cleanse this from my system but I need to get myself into a healthy pattern that doesn't involve bloating every monday. so yeah, any advice is super welcome.

anywho, I'll post my points on the spreadsheet shortly.

I saw Karie's note regarding the next challenge and I do have some ideas. I'd like to create a challenge that lasts for more than a week at a time. Ideally I'm thinking monthly but since the MM challenge ends this wednesday I'm thinking maybe we can create a new one from Wednesday, Nov 16 - Friday, Dec 23. About a month, take the week between Xmas and new years off and start fresh in the new year and go monthly from that point on . I'll think through some ideas and post a new thread on Wednesday. if anyone has any ideas of what you'd like to see incorporated please send me a private message and let me know.

Thanks!

I have found that if I don't fill up at water bottle and have in handy at home I never get enough water! The water bottle that I use has 3 cups in it so I drink 3 of them everyday. You might try something like that.

The new month long challenge sounds great! I would totally be up for that!
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Sunday & Monday's Info:
    19 Points + 9 Bonus for a total of 28 Possible Points.

Cardio - 6 points (5/6 points)
    Back to Basics ladies! Let's do jumping jacks every day. The are a fantastic way to boost your heart rate and get your blood pumping before your regular workout. The challenge is to incorporate 50 jumping jacks into your daily routine every single day! These can be done all at once or broken up throughout the day. 50 JJ/day = 1 point/day

Strength - 6 points + 3 bonus
    Lets get those tummys in shape!!! (5/6 points)
    Part 1- Abs challenge (similar to the miles challenge) Set yourself a goal for the amount of crunches you can do for the week. You
    get 3 bonus points for meeting this goal. My goal is 1200 crunches. (1000/1200 crunches)
    Part 2- Do your favorite ab workouts every day this week. Mix it up or just pick one in addition to the crunches. My goal is 100 reverse crunches daily. Completed Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday & Monday.

Food/Nutrition - 6 points + 6 bonus
    One point for each day, and a bonus point for everyday you stop eating at 7:30pm

Thursday
    Nutrition - Under calories (1/1 point)
    Friday
    Nutrition - Under Fat (1/1 point)
    Saturday
    Nutrition - Under Sodium (1/1 point)
    Sunday
    Nutrition - Under Carbs (1/1 point)
    Monday
    Nutrition - Under calories (1/1 point)
    Tuesday
    Nutrition - Under Fat

Emotional - 1/1 point

Sunday & MondayTotal Points: 6 points (1 for cardio, 1 for strength, 1 for food for each day)
  • renubhat_82
    renubhat_82 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Completed JJ, but couldnt get in my crunches today as I was very busy cleaning and then kids suddenly landed for dance classes. So my workout schedule was messed up.. But I did my abs workout later in the evening.. Foodwise, I was under carbs and calories for yday and today.

Yesterday- 1 point for food

Today- 1 point for food, 1 for JJ--- 2 points
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options

I saw Karie's note regarding the next challenge and I do have some ideas. I'd like to create a challenge that lasts for more than a week at a time. Ideally I'm thinking monthly but since the MM challenge ends this wednesday I'm thinking maybe we can create a new one from Wednesday, Nov 16 - Friday, Dec 23. About a month, take the week between Xmas and new years off and start fresh in the new year and go monthly from that point on . I'll think through some ideas and post a new thread on Wednesday. if anyone has any ideas of what you'd like to see incorporated please send me a private message and let me know.

Thanks!

I am very excited for the month long challenge because I bombed the end of this one completly!!!!:grumble: I want to stay on track and motiveted it just hasn't been my month, we all go through this I guess but I really blew it!! I will be more aware of my own needs this next challenge, I am going to make that promise to myself. I know in the long run taking better care of myself will in turn mean taking better care of my family, I just have to step of the fat girl pitty party train and get off my a** and work for it!! I know work can get hard and I work long hours but I just have to fight for this, I want to live the best life there is to live. You are all doing an amazing job and it really does give me inspiration to keep moving forward but some days I just get lost in my busy life and I never want to let my health get away from me like in the past. Thanks for letting me vent, it was more of a letter to myself. LOL See you in the morning for weigh in, I know I gained but instead of letting it drag me down I need to push forward!
  • RobinW1a
    Options
    Hi My name is Robin. I've been weight training twice a week for about 9 months. In addition to weights, I also do cardio of 30 minute hill intervals bi-weekly and Zumba once a week. I've been trying to lose weight since quitting my job to be an at home mom almost 2 years ago. So far I only lost 6 (cry) pounds.
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Starting weight: 244.8 (May 31, 2011)
    Starting MM weight: 215.2
    Week 1 weight: 215.2
    Week 2 weight: 213.4
    Week 3 Weight: 213.6
    Week 4 Weight: 212.6
    Week 5 Weight: 212.6
    Week 6 Weight 212
    Week 7 Weight 213.6
    Final Weigh in 213.8
    Weekly +/-: +0.2

M/M total loss : -1.6lbs
    Total loss: - 31lbs

I should of lost way more than 1.6lbs in 60 days, I am very dissapointed with myself for this challenge. I wanted to be so much closer to onderland by now! I hope you all have a great day and a better weigh in than me!
  • losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/396448-new-challenge-looking-for-ppl-serious-about-losing-and-supp

Morning girls! Since our group has dwindled in the past few weeks I posted an open topic to see if there is anyone out there looking to join us on our new challenge. Check it out (the link is above) and sign up if you are interested in taking part in the new challenge with me! I really hope you do because I have found so much support in this group and I really want to continue on this challenge with each of you :flowerforyou:

Sidenote: I changed the dates of the next challenge to start Friday, Nov 18 just cuz I need a few days to organize thoughts and recruit people. Hope that's ok with you!

Lynda
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    ps: another unofficial weigh in this morning showed I was down .7lb. so I guess all my water drinking yesterday helped with the bloating issue from the weekend somewhat. Gonna stay on track for that today as well. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!
  • daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Hey Karie-- I'm with ya on sucking at the end of this one-- I need to get my act together! It's not that I've been sabotaging myself either-- I'm just getting a few more irons on the fire... eep!

I'm in for the next round too.. I just need to go over and post it "officially". I have loved working with all of you so much-- I can't tell you enough what a difference this challenge has made for me. It hasn't even been huge numbers wise, but more the emotional and mental aspects of it ... HUGE!!!

Anyway,I should go figure out where I'm at...
  • daisyelaine
    Options
    ps: another unofficial weigh in this morning showed I was down .7lb. so I guess all my water drinking yesterday helped with the bloating issue from the weekend somewhat. Gonna stay on track for that today as well. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!

Whoohooo!! Water water water.... ;)
  • daisyelaine
    Options
    Starting weight: 244.8 (May 31, 2011)
    Starting MM weight: 215.2
    Week 1 weight: 215.2
    Week 2 weight: 213.4
    Week 3 Weight: 213.6
    Week 4 Weight: 212.6
    Week 5 Weight: 212.6
    Week 6 Weight 212
    Week 7 Weight 213.6
    Final Weigh in 213.8
    Weekly +/-: +0.2

M/M total loss : -1.6lbs
    Total loss: - 31lbs

I should of lost way more than 1.6lbs in 60 days, I am very dissapointed with myself for this challenge. I wanted to be so much closer to onderland by now! I hope you all have a great day and a better weigh in than me!

Don't get too down on yourself hon-- you've had some MAJOR life changes this round!!! You're learning how to deal with how your life is now, and that takes some adjusting. If anything, you can use this time as a " what *might not* work" time to figure out how to work things in to your schedule for the future. Don't let that drag you down.. and re-focus and carry on. :flowerforyou:
  • daisyelaine
    Options
    Completed JJ, but couldnt get in my crunches today as I was very busy cleaning and then kids suddenly landed for dance classes. So my workout schedule was messed up.. But I did my abs workout later in the evening.. Foodwise, I was under carbs and calories for yday and today.

Yesterday- 1 point for food

Today- 1 point for food, 1 for JJ--- 2 points

You're doing so awesome with this--even with kids that come to wreak havoc! :)
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/396448-new-challenge-looking-for-ppl-serious-about-losing-and-supp

Morning girls! Since our group has dwindled in the past few weeks I posted an open topic to see if there is anyone out there looking to join us on our new challenge. Check it out (the link is above) and sign up if you are interested in taking part in the new challenge with me! I really hope you do because I have found so much support in this group and I really want to continue on this challenge with each of you :flowerforyou:

Sidenote: I changed the dates of the next challenge to start Friday, Nov 18 just cuz I need a few days to organize thoughts and recruit people. Hope that's ok with you!

Lynda

Wonderful Lynda!

Thanks for getting this organised.. Got your invite and I am in for the next round of challenge too...
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    Just a note to all my motivated momma's - I sent invites to anyone that had expressed interest in joining the new challenge. if you haven't recieved one and would like to be a part of it send me a private message because obviously all the MM participants are welcome. I just left a note on the new challenge thread saying it was full but that doesn't apply to any MM'er that wants in. :wink:
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Sorry ladies for being gone so long, my hubby was off work an extra day for his birthday and well he can be worse than my son and requires most of my time, so i didnt have much time to get on here and log, I did manage to get in my jumping jacks and crunches everyday. Getting super close to completing that crunches challenge! Havent been logging my calories on here but taking mental notes of everything I have eaten and have stayed under my calories. Plus lots and lots of water, from Friday afternoon to today I went through an entire case of 16 oz bottles of water...mainly because I knew my sodium was through the roof and TOM is here as well. Still feeling rather frustrated with myself and this stupid 1.1 lbs that keep coming back to haunt me. This weekend im going to buy JM 30 day shred, because I gotta get something that will really push me because I cannot push myself hard enough apparently. Reaching my 20 lbs mini goal and getting to 25 lbs was exhilerating...but its taken me this entire challenge to lose 7 lbs and that is really ticking me off! Taking lots of deep breaths and working through all the frustration is all I can do right now. Excited about this new challenge and what is means for me. Im determined to get this weight off no matter what I have to do. I just think it was so easy at first and the weight was flying off that I got super comfortable with what I was doing, and now Im not doing as much or seeing the same results so its pushing me back even further! I can and will do this though. Even over the hollidays I will have my dvd and weights in hand ready to take with me where ever I have to travel! Wow, its seems like everytime I get on here I write you ladies a few pages of my ranting and whining...sorry for that! Hope y'all are having an awesome week so far!
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    Sorry ladies for being gone so long, my hubby was off work an extra day for his birthday and well he can be worse than my son and requires most of my time, so i didnt have much time to get on here and log, I did manage to get in my jumping jacks and crunches everyday. Getting super close to completing that crunches challenge! Havent been logging my calories on here but taking mental notes of everything I have eaten and have stayed under my calories. Plus lots and lots of water, from Friday afternoon to today I went through an entire case of 16 oz bottles of water...mainly because I knew my sodium was through the roof and TOM is here as well. Still feeling rather frustrated with myself and this stupid 1.1 lbs that keep coming back to haunt me. This weekend im going to buy JM 30 day shred, because I gotta get something that will really push me because I cannot push myself hard enough apparently. Reaching my 20 lbs mini goal and getting to 25 lbs was exhilerating...but its taken me this entire challenge to lose 7 lbs and that is really ticking me off! Taking lots of deep breaths and working through all the frustration is all I can do right now. Excited about this new challenge and what is means for me. Im determined to get this weight off no matter what I have to do. I just think it was so easy at first and the weight was flying off that I got super comfortable with what I was doing, and now Im not doing as much or seeing the same results so its pushing me back even further! I can and will do this though. Even over the hollidays I will have my dvd and weights in hand ready to take with me where ever I have to travel! Wow, its seems like everytime I get on here I write you ladies a few pages of my ranting and whining...sorry for that! Hope y'all are having an awesome week so far!

Glad that you have lost 7 lbs, but I am at the same weight as I was when we started..lol... I kept fluctuating up and down and yes we can do it... At times, I feel oh god when will I reach 140s.. Then i keep pushing myself, 30 day shred is a good idea.. I just completed day 10 of level 1.. So keep going!
  • NewLife_11
    Options

Don't get too down on yourself hon-- you've had some MAJOR life changes this round!!! You're learning how to deal with how your life is now, and that takes some adjusting. If anything, you can use this time as a " what *might not* work" time to figure out how to work things in to your schedule for the future. Don't let that drag you down.. and re-focus and carry on. :flowerforyou:
    [/quote]

Thank you!! It has been a learning curve for me for sure!! I hope the next challenge kicks me into high gear!
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    Ladies,

SW- 156.2
    Week 1- 156.4
    Week 2- 155.2
    Week 3- 158.2
    Week 4- 158.4
    Week 5- 158.2
    Week 6- 156.4
    Week 7- 159.2
    Week 8- 158.4

So after 6 weeks of challenge i haven't lost anything at all.. :-( So up by 2.2 lbs... However down by 0.8 lbs from last week, the scale doesn't like going below 155 at all...
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    Starting Weight: 261
    MM Week 1: 226.5
    MM Week 2: 225.3
    MM Week 3: 225.3
    MM Week 4: 222.9
    MM Week 5: 222.9
    MM Week 6: 222.9
    MM Week 7: 219.1
    MM Week 8: 217.9
    Total MM Loss: 8.6 lbs

So I'm happy and bummed. Happy because my average weight loss throughout this challenge was a little over 1lb per week. Bummed because I know I could have done better if I had managed to take more control of my decsisions on the weekend. Guess that is the lesson learned for me as we move into the next challenge together.

Just wanted to say that I've loved this challenge with you ladies! Big thanks again to Karie for all her work in organizing and getting this up and running as well as thanks to everyone that contributed ideas and support throughout. I know my journey wouldn't be nearly so successful without the support of you all. :flowerforyou:

Much love,
    Lynda

ps: I am REALLY psyched for the new challenge. I'm so glad we'll all be there together plus some great new additions. It's gonna ROCK! :happy: