Subway Sandwich???

Options
I'm having Subway for lunch can someone recommend a sandwich for me. The last time I went there my calorie count was ridiculous.
TIA

Replies

• caseyp1122
    caseyp1122 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    6 inch Turkey breast on flat bread, all the veggies, topped off with mustard!!! The best way to go in my opinion
  • madubil
    madubil Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Build one before you go- -

http://www.subway.com/Menu/MenuCategoryItems.aspx?CC=USA&LC=ENG&MenuTypeId=1&MenuId=35

They have a really handy calorie/ nutrition thingy on their site- you start off w their pre fab sandwich- and you add/delete as desired- its really helpful.
  • brandeejean
    brandeejean Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I get the 6 inch turkey on wheat, no cheese, all the veggies you like and red wine vinaigrette instead of mayo. Yum!
  • Hottness4Lyfe
    Hottness4Lyfe Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    They have a menu with a sammie builder on their site... You can use that to help you pre plan...
  • janna674
    janna674 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    i did a 6 inch turkey flatbread...no cheese load it with veggies and lite on the lite mayo...still under 300...the flatbread and sub roll are the same though
  • monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian so I always get the veggie delite and then ask for their packet of fat free ranch that they usually give for the salads!
    But you could always look up all the nutritional stuff on their website and figure out which one is best for you :)

Good luck and enjoy! I love Subway!!!
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    turkey, or ham, or Turkey AND ham, drop the cheese, load up on vegetables, use mustard or vinegar for dressing and you are around 300 calories depending on bread.
  • halfsizeheather
    halfsizeheather Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    i have 6inch tuna sub with red onion, tomatoe and lettuce -no cheese or extra sauce 403cals
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    The lean turkey is a good choice. Leave off the cheese (high fat) and lots of veggies. Avoid the OLIVES (very high sodium and so are pickles). Avoid the sauces...go for that mustard. Get the whole wheat bread. Avoid the sodas (diet soda makes us fat). Drink water.
  • mrsfortune
    mrsfortune Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Build one before you go- -

http://www.subway.com/Menu/MenuCategoryItems.aspx?CC=USA&LC=ENG&MenuTypeId=1&MenuId=35

They have a really handy calorie/ nutrition thingy on their site- you start off w their pre fab sandwich- and you add/delete as desired- its really helpful.

Thank you this is a BIG help.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    i have 6inch tuna sub with red onion, tomatoe and lettuce -no cheese or extra sauce 403cals

FYI, Tuna is one of the most fat/calorie laden subs at subway, without cheese it has 24 grams of fat (due to all the mayo mixed in to the Tuna)
  • ceejay3101
    ceejay3101 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Try their salads instead, they are yummy, you can have all the choices that go in the sandwiches and all the salad choice too, just go easy on the dressing :-)
  • Fitzpoppa
    Options
    veggie delight on white, have them take the breading out of the top of the sandwich.
  • photo_kyla
    photo_kyla Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Most things on their "fit" menu, 6" without cheese or mayo. As much veggies and mustard as you want. You can play with the numbers here: http://www.nutritionix.com/subway/nutrition-calculator

My favorite is the roasted chicken breast on wheat :) It's hot, so I still feel like I had a real meal.
  • gussie1026
    gussie1026 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    We go with the Kids meal - turkey on wheat with light mayo - apples and milk. Very satisfying!
  • KXanthos
    KXanthos Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I'm having Subway for lunch can someone recommend a sandwich for me. The last time I went there my calorie count was ridiculous.
    TIA

I usually get a footlong turkey on 9-grain and eat half of it for lunch and save the other have for dinner or for lunch the next day.

Turkey, NO cheese, spinach, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, banana peppers, vinegar, and mustard. No mayo, no oil, no cheese. It works out to about 270 calories per 6 inch half.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    6 inch roasted chicken, lots of veggies, ...........and good bread!

The chicken is warm and delicious, and the calories/fat are low....here's the nutrition from a non-biased website:

6-Inch Oven-Roasted Chicken Breast Sandwich
    includes Italian or wheat bread, a roasted boneless chicken breast patty, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, onions, green peppers and olives

Calories 310
    Fat 5 gr
    Carbs 48 gr

You can also get a subway sandwich as a salad - all of the ingredients a in bowl, but no bread.
  • cufirst84
    cufirst84 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    6 ' veggie.....load them up and top it off with light mayo !!
  • meemo88
    meemo88 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    6 inch steak and cheese all the way on wheat bread mmmmmm
  • courtclerkkris
    courtclerkkris Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I forget about having them take out the extra bread. Thanks for the suggestion again. I have got to remember that when I go next time! :)