Hungry is about to take over...

Options
So heres my problem, I LOVE FOOD! I mean who doesn't and if you say you don't well your lying to yourself. Im trying so hard to stay on this calorie counting, but its so hard specially when I eat and and hour later im hungry again. Now I know some of that is boredom eating, because when im so absorbed in my work eating is the last thing on my mind. But those times that I am bored at work, are my hardest moments. ID RATHER TAKE A HARD *kitten* EXAM then be bored at work with hungry cravings... Is there any kinds of foods that I can eat in the morning, that can help hold me over?? Carbs seem to just hold me over for the hour and then im hungry like damn CHINESE food im SOOOO stuffed then I want more!.. HELP!

Replies

• homeport51
    homeport51 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Protein is what holds me over. Carbs don't cut it. They raise your blood sugar and then send you crashing. Also, you could try something like a Fiber One bar mid morning with at least 8 oz of water. That will fill you up too.
  • megpapier
    megpapier Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    How about drinking coffee or hot tea throughout the day? That's what I do. Just a suggestion :o)
  • afigueroa_pr
    Options
    Protein is what holds me over. Carbs don't cut it. They raise your blood sugar and then send you crashing. Also, you could try something like a Fiber One bar mid morning with at least 8 oz of water. That will fill you up too.
    Agreed. It is the dreaded sugar crash! I always start with some milk, cereal and eggs.
  • Sandraavila2
    Options
    instead of not eating when you get hungry eat something lighter like and apple or some fruit thats what i do :smile: hope this help you
  • DGSki
    DGSki Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Protein is a good one to hold you over, I'll do a kashi bar and fruit, then mid morning eat some chobani yogurt, then have lunch and another snack between dinner if I need it. I try to keep a fruit, veggie or protein bar with me at all times incase hunger strikes. Drinking water along with that also helps. The hunger center of the brain is more powerful that the thirsty center. Sometimes you get them confused, so if you are thirsty you think you are hungry so water is important. Hope this helps and good luck!!
  • bbwceo1019
    bbwceo1019 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Celery & hummus fills me up really well! I don't really like celery, but cut up in slices with the hummus it is fantastic!
  • CallieDerenthal
    CallieDerenthal Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    protein, a little bit of good fat, and a LOT of water... hang in there, it'll get easier :smile:
  • 21karensmith
    21karensmith Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Try stuff with protein, itll last a lot longer than carbs. I like to do either eggs or special k drinks in the am bc that usally holds for a while. If you find yourself "eating just cause",drink water, try chewing gum or suck on some hard candy, the sugar free ones dont have calories.
  • mutt12345
    Options
    Eat healthy snacks throughout the day before you get hungry
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I eat egg whites with turkey bacon in the morning (lots of protein) and that helps, then a fruit or vegie before lunch and after. Green Tea has no calories, so u can drink that in place of water sometimes.
  • FinallyFindingLisa
    FinallyFindingLisa Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Protein will stick with me longer in the morning than any carbs. For at my desk, when hunger hits, a bag of assorted cut raw veggies. I have celery, broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms & carrots in my fridge in a big container. Every day I grab an assorted handful and put them in a sandwich baggie. There's enough crunch to make your mouth happy and enough bulk to make your tummy happy.
  • JennyJacobsen
    JennyJacobsen Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Have U tried chewing gum instead. I love the extra dessert delights! My fav is the apple pie. If your not a gum chewer is there something else u can do to occupy yourself during the down time at work like go for a walk, do some light exercise, reading a book or magazine? I also suggest eggs with whole wheat toast or oatmeal (not instant) to keep u fuller longer. If that sort of thing doesn't work. Try a small snack to keep U in between breakfast and lunch. I actually eat every 2-3 hours to keep my metabolism going through out the day. A snack only consists of no more than 200 calories. I sure hopes this helps u. I knew U needed some advice when U said U would rather take a hard exam! Those Suck LOL :) Have a good day!
  • carolkobe
    carolkobe Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Definitely protein of some sort. You can have 3 slices of turkey bacon and an egg for 175 calories if you use Pam spray. I find that gets me through to lunch time. Or instant oatmeal because it's a slower releasing carb will hold you for several hours as well. Lots of liquids, tea, coffee or water work too.
    I'm too busy during the day to feel the hunger which works great for me but the evenings are a different story!! I am trying different stand bys to find what works for me. I love popcorn and the individual packs are 100 calories (otherwise I cheat!!) Weights watchers does a chocolate dipped strawberry cheescake ice cream bar that is so good and 110 calories. So far they are my favorite stand bys. For some reason if I eat an apple it makes my hungry but other fruit work for me. A banana on the go tides me over for a while too:)
    Hope this helps.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough? How many calories do you eat? Do you exercise? Do you eat your exercise calories?
  • GettingFit4Me2011
    Options
    I am usually a cereal eater. If I wake up early I grab a bowl of cereal with a banana, but then I am starving by 10am, lately I have been peeling a grapefruit and eating that. The grapefruit is tiding me over till lunch, I will also make sure I have water available for drinking.

Or I will have an apple if grapefruits are not in the house.
  • androidgal
    androidgal Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    water can help do you drink enough? sometimes you think you are hungry but really you are thirsty....fruit is excellent ..apples are good as they have fairly stable blood sugar so you dont get carb rushes with them...also if chocolate is your thing try raw chocolate as it tastes wonderful has no sugar or dairy makes you feel amazing and does not have to knock on effect on your blood sugar levels as it is usually sweetened with something healthy rather than refined sugar....
  • Jackie9950
    Jackie9950 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I noticed today when I ate a cup of broccolli, carrots, and cauliflower (with fat free ranch dipping sauce) and 16oz of water for morning snack, I felt like I was overly full! It has lasted about 2.5 hours. You might try some broccoli, spinach salad, fiber one bars, anything that will take your body longer to digest will keep you fuller :)