Zumba DVD set--do you recommend?

Options
Hi everyone,

I'd love to try zumba but my schedule doesn't afford me the time to go to a class. I've been looking into getting one of the DVD sets and really want everyone who has a DVD/DVD set's opinion. Is this what you bought? Do you like it? Is it worth the money?

http://www.zumba.com/en-US/shop/product/zumba-exhilarate-dvd-experience/

Thank you!
Allie

Replies

• godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I have an earlier version of this. I used it for a couple weeks, then joined a gym. For me, it was a waste of money, but I think it depends on the person.
  • stephiejones
    Options
    I do Zumba with the ladies on Youtube...Freeeeeeee
  • jonzo21
    jonzo21 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    bump, I am also interested in seeing what others have to say about this as I have been curious about zumba for awhile and also cant fit classes into my schedule
  • nedbun
    nedbun Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba with the ladies on Youtube...Freeeeeeee

This is really a great solution to this if you want to try it out before you buy anything. Also, I use the Zumba Wii game religiously! It's only $40 so it's not that big of a cost investment if you already own a Wii.

If you like dancing, you will love it! If you're still not sure, try buying a used beginner's copy on Amazon to test it out.
  • _SPORTSnFITNESS_
    Options
    As a certified ZUMBA instructor, I believe that there is a difference between taking a ZUMBA class and participating in the ZUMBA DVDs.
    Are you familiar with workout DVDs to begin with? Yes? Great! ZUMBA is easy to follow along with. Are you doing alone? Can be more fun with friends! I prefer the DVDs to get started with. Once you get the pattern of steps down for each type of music (Salsa doing the triple step cha-cha) (Merengue with the 4step march) etc, you can kind of free-style and kick up the intensity a bit!
    I have ZUMBA parties with friends where we all come over and do the DVDs together.

It's not the same environment as a class where there's 20some people with music blaring and plenty of room. Some people prefer that setting to really get in the ZUMBA Zone! While others like to feel more comfortable in their own home without a bunch of people or mirrors. It really depends on your personality and preference.

At home is more convenient if you're pressed for time. I find myself sweating every time no matter how many times I've done the DVD. At class is more of a party setting.

YouTube ZUMBA clips are a great suggestion! That's a way to try it out and follow along to see if you'd like it.

Hope this helped!
  • shunta864
    Options
    I have that one. My mother got it for me. I never tried zumba before last week when i popped in the DVD and after the 40 minute workout I looked liked I've been standing in the rain. I've never sweat that much before. Lol. Honestly I love it but that's IMO. Plus I feel more comfortable doing it in my own home then looking silly around a bunch of folks because really I suck at dancing. Lol
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I just starting using the Zumba Transformation DVD set last week and love it so far!
  • TONYAGOOCH
    TONYAGOOCH Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Bought it....never used it. lol