calculating nutrition information on homemade items

Options
Help-I like to make a lot of my food from scratch, but then have no idea what the calories would be for 1 piece of, for example, meatloaf. I also make my own meatballs from a mix of beef and pork and I wouldn't know where to start for the nutritional value of those either, or for the oatmeal cookies I just made and substituted natural applesauce and Splenda. Does anyone have a formula?

Replies

• cakorineck
    Options
    Help-I like to make a lot of my food from scratch, but then have no idea what the calories would be for 1 piece of, for example, meatloaf. I also make my own meatballs from a mix of beef and pork and I wouldn't know where to start for the nutritional value of those either, or for the oatmeal cookies I just made and substituted natural applesauce and Splenda. Does anyone have a formula?
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    and you don't have to sign up, just enter the info-
  • ktthegr8
    ktthegr8 Posts: 479
    Options
    bump:happy: For the link, Thank you! I've been looking for something like that:flowerforyou:
  • cakorineck
    Options
    thanks I will try it!!
  • Binkylove
    Binkylove Posts: 161
    Options
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    I'm a real nerd so I made my own excel spreadsheet to calculate the nutritional information for all my homemade stuff. I'd be happy to send it to you if the website isn't doing it for you.
  • cakorineck
    Options
    Thanks I am mathematician, and pretty nerdy myself. LOL If the site doesn't work I will keep you in mind.
    Thanks again
  • Tamrahan
    Tamrahan Posts: 29
    Options
    bump:happy: For the link, Thank you! I've been looking for something like that:flowerforyou:
    [/quote

Me too.:smokin: ]