Is anyone on the 100 calorie diet each hour

Options
CALIECAT
CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
Is any one out there try the 100 calorie diet eating a mini meal every waking hour. I am on it I sucessful lost 1 lb last week and 2 lbs this week. I am a very slow loser and being a diebetis with all of my medications ii is hard to lose. But this is working out just fine for me. This diet came out in the April 13 ma. of Woman World. would just like to know if anyone has try it
Here is a typical day:

# 1----730 am--- 100 calorie yogurt

#2---8:30 am--1/4 c. egg beaters. 1 sl. whole wheat toast, 1/2 c. chopped raw veggies'

#3--- 9:30am---1/2 orange, 1/2 oz cahews

#4----10:30am--- Glass of V8 fruit and veggie juice

#5----11:30 am --- 2 T. Hummus. 2 mini pita, 1/2 c chopped veggies I really like the Roasted pepper hummus.

# 6---12:30 pm --100 calorie yogurt I like yogurt for it gives you a complete meal

#7---1;30pm--- 1/2 apple, 2 T. Pumpkin hummus [homemade]

#8---2'30-pm---1/2 c grapes, 1 wedge laughing cow lite

#9---3:30pm----! sl. bread, 1 slice ham

#10---4:30pm----2 T rosted garlic hummus---3 wheat crackers

#11---5:30pm---- 2 oz fish, !/2 c brussel sprouts.1/2 c. corn

#12---6:30pm another glass of veggie and fruit juce V8

#13----7:30pm----yogurt

A pretty well balance meals and clean eating too.

Caliecat

Replies

• CALIECAT
    Options
    Is any one out there try the 100 calorie diet eating a mini meal every waking hour. I am on it I sucessful lost 1 lb last week and 2 lbs this week. I am a very slow loser and being a diebetis with all of my medications ii is hard to lose. But this is working out just fine for me. This diet came out in the April 13 ma. of Woman World. would just like to know if anyone has try it
    Here is a typical day:

# 1----730 am--- 100 calorie yogurt

#2---8:30 am--1/4 c. egg beaters. 1 sl. whole wheat toast, 1/2 c. chopped raw veggies'

#3--- 9:30am---1/2 orange, 1/2 oz cahews

#4----10:30am--- Glass of V8 fruit and veggie juice

#5----11:30 am --- 2 T. Hummus. 2 mini pita, 1/2 c chopped veggies I really like the Roasted pepper hummus.

# 6---12:30 pm --100 calorie yogurt I like yogurt for it gives you a complete meal

#7---1;30pm--- 1/2 apple, 2 T. Pumpkin hummus [homemade]

#8---2'30-pm---1/2 c grapes, 1 wedge laughing cow lite

#9---3:30pm----! sl. bread, 1 slice ham

#10---4:30pm----2 T rosted garlic hummus---3 wheat crackers

#11---5:30pm---- 2 oz fish, !/2 c brussel sprouts.1/2 c. corn

#12---6:30pm another glass of veggie and fruit juce V8

#13----7:30pm----yogurt

A pretty well balance meals and clean eating too.

Caliecat
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I know I couldn't do that... I'd be hungry ALL DAY LONG.

It looks nutritionally complete, but I'd seriously miss having an actual meal. (and meat! I love meat) :tongue:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    this is very interesting. so you are eating 1300 calories, over a 12 hour period.

I would think you are never hungry. I eat every 2-3 hrs, same way as you. carrots and hummus. ww bread and peanut butter. The only time I am hungry is if I forget to eat!!

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Wolfena---I have been on this 2 wks and never felt better. And you don't get hungry for you next meal is just around the corner. As far as meat go You can have 2 oz of lean meat as long as you count your calories. I am not a big meat eater so I don't eat much of it.
    calie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    this is very interesting. so you are eating 1300 calories, over a 12 hour period.

I would think you are never hungry. I eat every 2-3 hrs, same way as you. carrots and hummus. ww bread and peanut butter. The only time I am hungry is if I forget to eat!!

Good luck! :flowerforyou:

that is correct. I am thinking about doing it 200 calories over 2 hrs these 1 hour comes around so quick. But I am going to give this another 2 or 3 wks. first. But I really do stay full.

Calie
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I've never hear do this, but it sure sounds interesting :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Calie-I have to say I am impressed with you at any age, but after going thru your profile! WOW!

I love those Aussie babies. I have a red merle aussie. TB is around 2 yrs old and I love that sweety pie!

Or as I call her my Sweet Tea!!

(long story, my son went to college, got a dog, couldnt afford said dog, my dog died, I got his dog! He and his buds were drinking one night and reading thru the book I sent him. One of the pups had a tackle box type thing on it's back, and thus the name Tackle Box.)
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Calie-I have to say I am impressed with you at any age, but after going thru your profile! WOW!

I love those Aussie babies. I have a red merle aussie. TB is around 2 yrs old and I love that sweety pie!

(long story, my son went to college, got a dog, couldnt afford said dog, my dog died, I got his dog! He and his buds were drinking one night and reading thru the book I sent him. One of the pups had a tackle box type thing on it's back, and thus the name Tackle Box.)

sweet tea , what a cute name. How long did it take for you to lose 30 lbs. what a fantastic job. eating smaller meals thru out the day is what our body needs, thanks for posting. I am so glad to find this way of eating. You look fantastic. WOW!!!!!!! What is a typical day for you on your meal plans? calie
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I'm with Wolfena. Where's the beef?! :laugh:
    And there "ain't" no way I could only eat 2 ozs. either. :laugh:
    Whatever works for you though. Give it your best shot and see what happens. :smile:
  • coatesb2
    coatesb2 Posts: 5
    Options
    i would like to try this.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    i would like to try this.

Give it a try for a week and see if you don;t feel better. I feel wonderful and never hungry. I will admit my first week I was a little nerous about it afraid I wasn't doing it right. but I learn to pick up the pieces and continue on. Some meals may be over 100 and some a little less. but I figure that it is pretty close. I may missed a meal every once in a while, but I don't worry about it.
    Cali
  • arewethereyet
    Options

sweet tea , what a cute name. How long did it take for you to lose 30 lbs. what a fantastic job. eating smaller meals thru out the day is what our body needs, thanks for posting. I am so glad to find this way of eating. You look fantastic. WOW!!!!!!! What is a typical day for you on your meal plans? calie

I started in June 08 and lost 30 by around Jan 09.

1300 calories a day
    exercise 3-5 x week.

1 egg + 1 egg white
    whole wheat english muffin
    1/2 slice low fat american cheese

apples
    1 tbls peanut butter

salad (lots of veggies)
    2-3 oz chicken breast'
    2 tbls home made evoo/balsamic dressing

carrots
    2 oz hummus

3-5 oz chicken, fish, beef, turkey
    loads of fresh veggies
    1/2 cup whole grain pasta or rice

broc
    1-2 oz hummus

Portions depend upon my workout schedule. This is a pretty typical day for me. I add in a 24 almonds, or a glass of fat free milk when exercise allows.

:drinker:
  • CALIECAT
    Options

1300 calories a day
    exercise 3-5 x week.

1 egg + 1 egg white

apples
    1 tbls peanut butter

salad (lots of veggies)
    2-3 oz chicken breast'

carrots
    2 oz hummus

loads of fresh veggies

broc
    1-2 oz hummus

Portions depend upon my workout schedule. This is a pretty typical day for me. I add in a 24 almonds, or a glass of fat free milk when exercise allows.

you can mauntain your weight On this? I be glad to lose 32 more lbs.. this is a life long plan. Sounds good. I just want to get down to 160 for me. I know it is high but I will be a happy camper at that weight.

thanks arewethereyet.
  • arewethereyet
    Options

1300 calories a day
    exercise 3-5 x week.

1 egg + 1 egg white

apples
    1 tbls peanut butter

salad (lots of veggies)
    2-3 oz chicken breast'

carrots
    2 oz hummus

loads of fresh veggies

broc
    1-2 oz hummus

you can mauntain your weight On this? I be glad to lose 32 more lbs.. this is a life long plan. Sounds good. I just want to get down to 160 for me. I know it is high but I will be a happy camper at that weight.

thanks arewethereyet.

I think I need the exercise more than the lower food to maintain, you know? Keep up walking and going to the gym. Of course my Sweet Tea keeps me busy!!:laugh:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Arewethereyet--- You eating plan looks very much like mine. I will stay on this for a couple more weeks and then I plan to eat 200 calories every 2 hours. give me a little more freedom in between eating. and stopped at 1300 calories. But again this 100 calories is easy to remember and have my calories down will good. I will see in a couple weeks how I feel about it. thanks so much for your meal plan. and keep in torch.

Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I am still on my 100 calorie mini meals. and still loving it.
    Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Plan on a wonderful Wednesday. How about you?