New in town

Hi. This is my first time using this site. My friend and my boyfriend told me to give this a try. I have been trying to lose weight by counting my calories in another app on my iPod. I have been doing it for almost a month and have only lost 1 pound. I started to give up on trying to lose weight. That's why I was introduced to this site. They told me how great it was to have so many people in my situation and there to help motivate me. I am going to try and stay on track. :)

Replies

• I love this app. You must stay true and honest in order for it to work and don't worry if you over do it once in a while, it takes time to get into the swing of eating smaller portions. I use this app along with doing Zumba and have lost 12 lbs in 6 weeks. Good luck to you..
  • fab50G
    fab50G Posts: 384 Member
    Welcome to MFP! I think you'll find this site really helpful in your weight-loss journey. The people here are amazing. Feel free to add me as a friend. Good luck --- YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Welcome to the site =) Simply give a shout out whenever you need anything, we have more than enough help going around...
  • janeitg
    janeitg Posts: 33 Member
    Please measure besides just weighing. I've been stalled with weight loss but when I measured, low and behold, I had lost inches. Muscles take up less space than fat. Do you clothes feel looser? Good luck on your health journey.
  • Please measure besides just weighing. I've been stalled with weight loss but when I measured, low and behold, I had lost inches. Muscles take up less space than fat. Do you clothes feel looser? Good luck on your health journey.

I have never thought of that, thanks. My pants have been fitting looser on me. :) I will definitely have to take measurements.