My 30D Shredd has finally arrived!

Options
This is my first time posting, but I have been an avid lurker :drinker:! I love reading everyone posts and getting tips, ideas, and support. I heard so much about the 30 day shredd dvd that I ordered it!!!! It's finally here, and I plan on starting tonight 11/15/2011. I feel there's no time like the present, so why wait for the 1st of the next month.

I do have a question: am I suppose to do it everyday or a few times a week? I have been reading diffrent ways and just wondering which is the best. I will post before and after pix on Dec 15, 2011.

If anyone has the dvd and want to start with me send me a friend request:flowerforyou:!

Replies

• bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JoHola
    JoHola Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I ordered it too and it arrived yesterday. I have just completed the 1st session.... wow!! Wonder how i'll feel tomorrow!! :laugh:

I'll add you :flowerforyou:
  • goforkissy
    goforkissy Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I heard that you should take a break every now and then. Jillian Michaels did not intend for it to be done 30 days straight. Maybe take Saturday and Sunday off?
    That's my plan. I just started it yesterday.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Well, there are different schools of though on that - including a new thread where Jillian says 4-5/week but a rep from her company says everyday. I am finishing up the 30DS and did it everyday, which kept me committed (or maybe I should have been!), but it would have been nice to take days off and rest.

Do what feels right for you, just get at least 30 workouts in. Take your before measurements - you'll be amazed - I sure was!
  • Opera_Bound
    Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I think you do what works best with your lifestyle and fitness level. I was going to try my hardest to stick to 30 Days but with classes and performances and life I had to take 2 days off in the first 20 days. Not too shabby, but still not consistently 30 days. Jillian suggests doing it every day so that you force your body to make changes. But honestly, it'll still change if you take a day off here or there. Also, I'm thinking of extended my Level 2 workout. I just finished Day 7, Level 2 this morning and I honestly feel like I won't be ready to advance to Level 3 by the weekend. I may do 15 days instead of 10.

Again, it's all up to you and your body to decide what works best for you. I've also recently started adding in a 20 minute cardio dance DVD 3 times a week, just to help with a little more weight loss!

Best of luck to you, the first 3 days are the hardest, but STICK TO IT! :drinker:
  • qthompson
    Options
    Thanks!!! I have made my calander and am ready to rock and roll!!!! I'll keep u all posted!!!